Al Asad with IAP/KBR

Wolfman21

May 20, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Is anyone working for IAP or KBR at Al Asad? I know that IAP was bidding on the contract so I'm not sure if they got it? I am just wondering about the living conditions more than anything else. I'm thinking about applying after the holidays. I was deployed to Camp Cupcake in 2008 so I'm curious how much has changed.

morajor13

Trusted Contributor
Jan 20, 2015
My unit just got back from there and I'm going in 2019. Apparently it's a hell hole and the contract tower controllers suck. At one point they were so bad the contract was terminated and our guys had to take it over.

Wolfman21

May 20, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Wow. About two years, I applied for the position with KBR but they offered less pay than what I made with Midwest in Kabul seven years ago so I didn't take it. Outside of bad controllers, what made it so bad over there?

Kazansky22

Rookie
Jul 25, 2009
Wow. About two years, I applied for the position with KBR but they offered less pay than what I made with Midwest in Kabul seven years ago so I didn't take it. Outside of bad controllers, what made it so bad over there?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is disappointed at the pay going down. Nowadays you are lucky to get offered 140k If you do the math the base hourly rate they offer is only slightly more then get at the higher paid FCTs stateside. You only alot make more because you work 60 hours a week when overseas. Its a race to the bottom.

morajor13

Trusted Contributor
Jan 20, 2015
Theyre starting to build it up more, but it's still very austere.

demous

Newcomer
Feb 1, 2016
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is disappointed at the pay going down. Nowadays you are lucky to get offered 140k If you do the math the base hourly rate they offer is only slightly more then get at the higher paid FCTs stateside. You only alot make more because you work 60 hours a week when overseas. Its a race to the bottom.

Can confirm. Overseas right now making significantly less than $140k.

A1T2C3

Rookie
Jun 25, 2015
I applied to IAP on the Al Assad radar bid. Ended up not pursuing it for family reasons, but I was told the starting pay would be 130k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1T2C3

Rookie
Jun 25, 2015
And my buddy currently works there for IAP, he said that KBR had the contract taken from them basically and that the work environment there for IAP is decent. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk