Anchorage Center - ZAN

charliemike

Newcomer
Dec 31, 2008
mi
just wondering if anyone has worked there or is working there now. few basic questions. what is the traffic like, co-workers, and location? thanks

Tye

Rookie
Nov 14, 2008
Re: zan artcc

Don't worry...you'll probably be washed out in a matter of minutes! Good news is I hear they're hiring elfs up at the north pole!!!

Pants81

Trusted Member
Jun 16, 2008
Indiana
My buddy up there loves it and he has been there for about 2 years and is just around the corner from becoming CPC. He loves to hunt, fish, and camp.....if he was not a controller he would be a fucking lumberjack or working on one of those boats on deadliest catch. other than his love for the outdoors he has nothing but good things to say about his facility and coworkers.

Captain_Corge

Dec 7, 2009
Austin, Texas
haha, I am slotted for ZAN, just waiting on my FOL. I cannot wait, very excited.. Anyone work there or have useful info?...

Simoneaux, why do you say not to buy a home near the facility?..

Also, how is Aleyska ski resort? I am an avid fisherman and snow skier/snowboarder. This is why I chose ZAN.

Truly, any and all info would be greatly appreciated!....

stoffel

Newcomer
May 13, 2010
Hey,

could anybody provide me with an email adress leading to somebody in the OPS/training division in Anchorage Center?

I've been looking around on the web but couldn't find any further information, only a telephone nr but since I live in Belgium currently this would not be the preferred way to get in contact.

N_Trutza

Jun 14, 2011
Ohio
Got selected for ZAN. Any ideas on a wait time?
Hold on you're in FL right now and going to Anchorage... You better spend some time in the northern us and see a few days of snow before headed up there. LOL either way i visited up there 2 years ago and loved the place. mosquitoes suck and it is true about the housing near the center. the air force base is right next door that probably jacks the prices up hard core. I toured the facility on a weekend so it was pretty chill and my buddy that was there had been checked out on 3 sectors and they're testing the new system up there which looks badass. but cool place overall. you have to inquire about "larry the jerk" LOL... if you get into that crowd you'll know.

PapaEchoBravo

Trusted Member
Jun 10, 2011
Oviedo, FL headed to ZAN
Yeah, definitely going to be a change. Have family up there so at least I won't be lonely... I want to tour the facility before I get my OKC date, but a flight there and back is roughly $750!!! How long are people waiting to go to OKC?

usaftmomike

Mar 10, 2014
Anchorage, AK
I was picked up for Enroute off this recent Feb bid and am hoping to get selected for ZAN.

What is the manning like right now at ZAN? I've always heard the whole "if you ask for Alaska, you will get Alaska" through the military and a few people on StuckMic have said the same, the question is, how true is that for those of you who have recently been sent to ZAN?

CAAK004

May 12, 2013
I was picked up for Enroute off this recent Feb bid and am hoping to get selected for ZAN.

What is the manning like right now at ZAN? I've always heard the whole "if you ask for Alaska, you will get Alaska" through the military and a few people on StuckMic have said the same, the question is, how true is that for those of you who have recently been sent to ZAN?
Staffing at 2 of the 3 areas is very low. Lots of retirements happening and so forth.