Anchorage Center - ZAN

rymn

Apr 25, 2010
ZAN
I think zan is done for a while. High area is fat until 64 is implimented. on paper north and south look staffed. Someone mentioned getting 30 to okc, maybe 15 to facility. I don't think that's going to happen. Also North area trainer just took a sup bid so training is trying to find developmentals a trainer, slowing a very tight schedule for d class.

alpharomeo9911

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2015
Charlotte, NC
It is basically a sheet you will get when you start at the academy to put in a optional request for one of the volunteer facility's. Usually it takes months but mine got approved in a week...

tmm0725

Newcomer
Mar 24, 2015
I have a class date for July (ish) for Enroute, I am very interested in hearing more about ZAN. I am a Florida Girl, but CANT wait to leave. So yes I'm sure the cold will be a shock factor but I cant stand the heat and humidity and am SO ready for a change. Anyone that's currently at ZAN or is expected to go there have any details about it?

Where you can live, or have a house etc..
is it somewhere people see themselves staying for their entire career.

If anyone is willing to describe the facility and life in Anchorage, that would be greatly appreciated! :)

Sirven

Newcomer
Oct 26, 2015
I think I'm in the same boat as you! I cant wait to leave the Jacksonville area and move somewhere nicer and cooler! I lived in MI for 5 years and loved it!

jbell

Jan 19, 2017
I have an Enroute TOL and was just curious about the possibility of ZAN being on the graduate list. It looks like it's near the bottom of the list for ncept staffing priority. Are there really only a lot of slots for it if it's for tower? Is the center pretty much stocked up for a long time?

Michael

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2011
Florida
Before you eval, you can opt to pick ZAN. They will add it to the list, however, if I'm not mistaken, depending on how many in your class actually pass and where you rank as well, and there are other mandatory places on the list then you'd have to go to a mandatory if you do not get to pick one of the first few locations. If that makes sense...

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Any bids coming out soon for you guys? I’m a CPC at ZHU, wanna live in AK for a couple years.
Then you should put in an ERR. ZAN is eligible to accept 1 person, and ZHU is eligible to release 1 person.
The only things posted on USAJobs anymore are management positions and TMCs.