Any Good Shooting Ranges in OKC?

Hesser81

Newcomer
Aug 23, 2009
I'm certain that in the OKC area that shooting ranges exist, but are any good outdoor ranges nearby? Not to mention, are there any gun enthusiasts in the Academy for the Aug 3 class?

Hesser81

Newcomer
Aug 23, 2009
Thanks Mike! I have looked through the FAA Academy Student Handbook and the only reference to firearms is that no firearms are permitted at MMAC. Do you know where I can find the information you are speaking of?

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Someone I talked to told me not to bring my gun with me. I don't think it's even worth the risk. My luck I'd end up forgetting I had it my car and I'd get a random search that day
Plenty of guys bring guns... just put it in your suitcase or something; ain't gonna forget to take that out.

H&H is pretty good, and has a LOT of guns to choose from. It's where I learned that I can't hit the broad side of a barn with an AK-47.

irishcarbomb

Epic Member
Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
Someone I talked to told me not to bring my gun with me. I don't think it's even worth the risk. My luck I'd end up forgetting I had it my car and I'd get a random search that day
that would be your own fault then...if you're responsible enough to own a gun then you're responsible NOT to forget. especially when your job is on the line.

we were told a story about a guy who got fired for having ammo with him in class.

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com
+1 on H&H gun range.

as for the guy that said the FAA doesn't want you bringing any firearms...it's none of the FAA's business what you bring. just don't take them into a federal facility. keep them at home during school, don't forget you have one in your car when you drive onto the academy, and bring all you want.

i brought quite the arsenal the last time i was there. of course i didn't take any to class. that would be a fire-able first offense.

Gar62

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Long Island
Ditto on H&H. Good place. I've been there a few times. Rented the AK47 with Ross and have gotten many other fun ones. All rentals are only $9.

Plenty of people bring guns. So long as you don't bring it to work with you you're fine.

Also the story about someone getting fired for having ammo with him is incomplete. Having the ammo didn't get him fired. Having the ammo lead to a search of his car where they found a gun. That's what got him fired.

ATCracer

Rookie
Feb 3, 2009
South Florida
I brought my .45 springfield 1911 with me when I went. H&H is definitely the one to go to. Cool place. And if you forget to take your gun out of your car when going on govt property, then you prob shouldn't be looking into ATC.

eqfan592

Rookie
Mar 28, 2010
Another vote for H&H here! Great range and place too shoot, and the staff was always really cool as well.