Any one apply to Air Service Austraila

haystack510

Feb 14, 2009
Fremont, CA
Re: any one apply to air service austraila

From what I hear they are packing up and heading back to the homeland. So the towers should be handed over to the next bidder soon. Unless your talking about working over in Australia.

petmard

Newcomer
May 22, 2009
minneapolis
Have any of you looked into applying for jobs with air services because looking at the job listings it seems that I would likely qualify other than I am not a Australian citizen and/or don't have permanent residency. I guess my question is do you know how to get either of these or if there is a way you can get this waved?

iflylikeaneagle

Newcomer
Aug 11, 2010
I would love to find out how i would be able to go about applying for and getting an ATC job in Australia. I saw the website I am more than qualified...how do i get permanent residency to work there?

Aug 27, 2009
Airboss might have a point australian women love americans anyway go over on vacation find a hot australian marry her and it sounds like your in. lol

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Common misconception about the American guys, maybe thy just didn't like us military guys but I'm a dual citizen, lived there for 12 years and most of the the 'sheilas' prefer Aussies. At least where I lived.
Interesting. Back in the ninties when I was in I had several buddies return from westpac and report that the Aussie women treated them like gold. Even one guy who couldn't get laid in a whorehouse had a wild time there (confirmed by another reliable source) Some were even brought home for the weekend to the aussie family.

Benson24

Newcomer
Feb 16, 2013
Oceanside
Applied at the end of last year when they had an offer extended to international applicants. Unless another offer pops up on their website they will only be accepting Ausie citizens. The process itself consists of filling out an application like any other contract tower job, then a few more steps that were outlined on the website. I made it to the cognitive aptitude test which was no joke. Just a bunch of memory and speed tests online for about an hour.

Jay.why503

Rookie
Dec 31, 2013
They closed the international applicant in July. They are now working the second step (Testing).

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
I actually sent them and NZ ATC an email a couple months ago. NZ is not looking to hire international candidates for at least another few years, Australia said they were possibly having another international bid in the second half of this year or next year. Both were very prompt in replying to my email and answering my questions, and their websites are very detailed in what is needed to apply/get hired as an international applicant.

Simple Jack

Rookie
Nov 7, 2013
They actually have an email opt in where you get every job posting from them as well. It'll be 99% trash to you but if an ATC hire opens and international candidates are eligible, they said it will be posted there. I get an email about once a week from them and it's no big deal just to check and delete.