Any one apply to Air Service Austraila

Ebag

Rookie
Dec 19, 2013
I actually applied to Air Services Australia's international ATC opening that closed in July. I was invited to the cognitive abilities test in August. Got an email that I passed that, and then I had an hour long behavioral interview with their panel just last night. Supposed to hear back from them in the next week or two with my interview results and to see if they will be contacting my references. Honestly, their hiring process so far has been quite prompt and reasonable, except that the cognitive test was quite hard and I saw that a number of other VERY experienced Air Traffic Controllers didn't make it past that test, which sucks. But yeah, I guess we'll see what happens. It's only a 4-year contract, though, so that's something to think about. Good to know that there may be more international openings coming up.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Are you able to extend the contract or is it 4 years and you're done no matter what?

Ebag

Rookie
Dec 19, 2013
ajmezz, I'm not positive about that. They just said last night that they couldn't guarantee anything passed the 4 years. I'm guessing you could always apply for permanent residency and hope for the best. Or even try to apply for another international opening at the end of the 4 years, or just try and extend it.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Cool, thanks. If you happen to come across the answer and remember, post it up in the future.

Ebag

Rookie
Dec 19, 2013
It does seem like such a great opportunity, though, so if offered the position, I'd hate to turn it down bc it's only a 4 year guarantee. The AsA organization seems like they'd be really great to work for and the pay is excellent from the start!

Ebag

Rookie
Dec 19, 2013
Yeah, the test was pretty hard. I think each section started out okay, but the later problems got really tough. The math problems had to be answered so fast. I was pretty surprised that I made it past that test, but glad I did. What about you?

Jay.why503

Rookie
Dec 31, 2013
I Don't Know. I just took the on Tuesday. Im pretty sure if anything the math part screwed me, I wasn't prepared for the speed/pace they want you to take it at. Other than not knowing what a pence was, everything else on the test seem fairly simple. How long after you took that test did take for them to get back to you?

Ebag

Rookie
Dec 19, 2013
I heard back within about two weeks, if I remember correctly. The email said I had passed and they were asking me for dates and times to schedule my interview.

VM_AIRBOSS

Dec 28, 2009
Melbourne, FL
"tiredofwaiting" is spot on, Aussies love Americans, and every friend I know who has gone there has either ended up in a LTR or marriage to an Aussie. As for me, I thought about going Down Under and have looked into the process, which was pretty much straight forward, especially given I am married to an Aussie and entitled to citizenship or permanent residency. However, while they were quite keen on me applying, I had other opportunities with DoD that kept me working for the Feds. I would highly encourage those interested to pursue it as an option, as pretty much anywhere in Australia is an adventure!

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Did you decide to apply, ajmezz? Let me know if you need any info on the tests or process. There's also some good info on pprune.org
I haven't yet, still debating on it honestly. I remember seeing some detailed info about the position somewhere on here, but haven't looked indepth to try and find it. If you have any feel free to shoot me a pm when you get a chance! I'll check out that website as well, thanks.

arturo.artiga03

Newcomer
Aug 10, 2015
Hi, I already applied, could you give me me some info on the tests and process? Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-G800H mediante Tapatalk