Anyone Else Been Selected to Montana?

UNDATCer

Trusted Member
Apr 5, 2009
North Dakota
I got my phone call for a 12/22 class date, my TOL just says Montana, it doesnt say what facility I'm going to and no FOL.
Congratulations! Have you found out yet where you're going? I'm curious... when was your TOL date and when did you get your clearances turned into HR? Thanks and good luck!

bleed0410

Newcomer
Jan 20, 2011
CA
Got my firm offer today for Great Falls. I'm very excited...TOL was sometime in July, I'm assuming my clearances are done, I did everything they needed over the summer and just waited it out..never really called to see how it was going. But I'm very very happy!
:party:

UNDATCer

Trusted Member
Apr 5, 2009
North Dakota
Got my firm offer today for Great Falls. I'm very excited...TOL was sometime in July, I'm assuming my clearances are done, I did everything they needed over the summer and just waited it out..never really called to see how it was going. But I'm very very happy!
:party:
Congratulations! But, I'm more confused now more then ever... I got my TOL in April and RA told me it goes off of the TOL dates/Clearance Date for a state. He told me a month or so ago that he can't bring me on board until AT LEAST April before. So hopefully I'll get a class date then.

So I'm just frustrated with this whole process because I don't understand how it all TRUELY works. But congrats to you Bleed... Good luck in Great Falls!

mikecoyne34

Senior Analyst
Nov 19, 2009
D10
Congratulations! But, I'm more confused now more then ever... I got my TOL in April and RA told me it goes off of the TOL dates/Clearance Date for a state. He told me a month or so ago that he can't bring me on board until AT LEAST April before. So hopefully I'll get a class date then.

So I'm just frustrated with this whole process because I don't understand how it all TRUELY works. But congrats to you Bleed... Good luck in Great Falls!
Trying to understand this process will just make you go crazy. I know it's frustrating at times, but your time will come. Just gotta stick it out and be patient.

bleed0410

Newcomer
Jan 20, 2011
CA
I honestly believe the fact that I'll be 30 in April may have something to do with it?

I really have no idea. Maybe there's a reason they want you at a level 7 and me at a 5..you really never know!

UNDATCer

Trusted Member
Apr 5, 2009
North Dakota
I honestly believe the fact that I'll be 30 in April may have something to do with it?

I really have no idea. Maybe there's a reason they want you at a level 7 and me at a 5..you really never know!
Yeah I really don't know. But your age is locked in when you get your TOL. But like you said, you really never know. I'm just frustrated with the whole thing. But I'm trying to be grateful for being this far along in the process. Just can't wait to get that phone call and get started!

Again good luck to you!

UNDATCer

Trusted Member
Apr 5, 2009
North Dakota
Just checking in and seeing if anyone got a class date for Montana recently? I'm a second half of the fiscal year hire. No idea which facility in going to in Montana. Good luck!

UNDATCer

Trusted Member
Apr 5, 2009
North Dakota
great falls is a super quick checkout supposedly, best of luck. i work with a guy who came from there.
Yeah it's a level 5 so I imagine it would be! Well I probably won't be going there if people with way later TOL dates then me are already there. Just leaves Billings and Helena. I'd be fine with either one but I'd love Billings! On second thought I'd be thrilled with either one because that means I'd be in!! Come on Second Half Numbers!! Good luck everyone!

JumperBones

Reft crosed trafficah
Dec 22, 2008
Too sixah reft
Supposed ease of checkout means a lot more than facility level or traffic. There's big differences in traffic type, airfield configuration, and tower social dynamics to consider too.

UNDATCer

Trusted Member
Apr 5, 2009
North Dakota
Received my FOL this morning from the FAA... I'm going to HLN!!! CANNOT WAIT to get started... should be a great facility to start and train at. Anybody know ANYONE or ANYTHING about HLN in particular? Anyone know if HLN has been downgraded yet? Thank you!