Anyone else going the traditional route?

Cheeks

Mar 28, 2009
Is the medical being done in a mon-fri 9-5 time frame? I can't keep taking time off from work.
Yes, and not only that, not every day is available within that time frame. It was hard for me because I'm out of town during the day. I can't just take an extra hour for lunch or whatever, for me to get it done during the week like that I have to take an entire day off.

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
no! you don't have to go to ZAB. you do all your processing at the closest facility to where you currently are, not the one you were hired for.
I wasnt hired for ZAB. I was selected for ZSE and was told in the same email that I have to go to ZAB for my interview since apparently I have to interview at a center and ZAB is the "closest" center. Now the gentleman on here is saying that if you are going to a center that you also have to get your medical done with the closest center with their resident medical examiner. If I have to get my medical done at the "closest" center, that would mean a second trip from PHX to ZAB.

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com
i'm not 100% certain this is true. i got a center initially and did my processing at phoenix tracon. the second time i got hired i got a tracon and did my processing at a tower. both were the closest facilities to me and NOT the type of facility i was chosen for.

maybe things are different for OTS types. i dont' see why there should be a difference. i would definitely call your HR rep and figure this out. phoenix is chock full of facilities to do your interview, mmpi, medical, etc. i know it's been done that way before because i did it that way. i was ZOA and did my processing at P50.

Dash_7

Rookie
May 18, 2009
Still no interview. Though i e-mailed my contact person last week, and got a reply this morning:

our records show that we sent your name forward on June 1st. We are allowing the facilities up to 4 weeks for them to make their contact with you and arrange for the interview.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
Still no interview. Though i e-mailed my contact person last week, and got a reply this morning:

our records show that we sent your name forward on June 1st. We are allowing the facilities up to 4 weeks for them to make their contact with you and arrange for the interview.
So basically, you'll know in 2 weeks....where have I heard that before?

rmh151

Rookie
Apr 29, 2009
What is the fax that was mentioned all about? My interview is tomorrow! Seems like the "traditional route" is moving along quickly for everyone! Good luck!

jcpilot

May 19, 2009
Anchorage, AK
What is the fax that was mentioned all about? My interview is tomorrow! Seems like the "traditional route" is moving along quickly for everyone! Good luck!
I know.... It makes me wonder if taking the time and expense to go to the PEPC will be worth it. I mean, we'll get our TOL there, but still.......

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
I know.... It makes me wonder if taking the time and expense to go to the PEPC will be worth it. I mean, we'll get our TOL there, but still.......
You'll be getting a lot more than that done there as well. So far traditional route folks are just getting an interview, and while it is happening before the PEPC there are still a lot of steps that could still take weeks for them. Medical stuff, etc. Even when they do get it scheduled it probably won't all be for the same day anyways.

So I think the PEPC route still has its advantages.

n9088d

May 20, 2009
What email address should I use to inquire about the status of my TOL? I interviewed one week ago as of today and haven't heard anything yet. I normally wouldn't be expecting anything yet but someone who interviewed at the same facility as me (and is going to the same facility as me) got his TOL a week after his interview. He also got an email 2 or 3 days after his interview requesting that he fax a form to them, and I haven't gotten that after a week. Do I email my HR rep? The email regarding the interview specifically says questions should be directed to ACD because they're the ones that issue the TOL. What email address would I use for them? Thanks.

BigBOSS

Gotta Keep 'em Seperated!
Aug 24, 2008
Austin, TX
What email address should I use to inquire about the status of my TOL? I interviewed one week ago as of today and haven't heard anything yet. I normally wouldn't be expecting anything yet but someone who interviewed at the same facility as me (and is going to the same facility as me) got his TOL a week after his interview. He also got an email 2 or 3 days after his interview requesting that he fax a form to them, and I haven't gotten that after a week. Do I email my HR rep? The email regarding the interview specifically says questions should be directed to ACD because they're the ones that issue the TOL. What email address would I use for them? Thanks.
Is it possible that your Interviewer didn't recommend you? :( Or maybe he/she was really busy this past week and faxed it in late/or hasn't faxed it in yet.

I got the email with the 3 additional forms 2 days after my interview from my HR rep so I would email her/him.

n9088d

May 20, 2009
Is it possible that your Interviewer didn't recommend you? :( Or maybe he/she was really busy this past week and faxed it in late/or hasn't faxed it in yet.

I got the email with the 3 additional forms 2 days after my interview from my HR rep so I would email her/him.
Ok, thanks. I'll email my HR rep. I very much doubt that I wasn't recommended as my interview went extremely well. I'm guessing they're just busy.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
I'm about ready to get called for my interview! People keep getting called and I'm stuck here thinking - Houston, we have a problem!