Anyone work as a treasurer at there facility?

dheminger

Newcomer
Aug 17, 2009
I would be interested in finding out how you guys plan your yearly budget I walked into a situation at my facility where the previous individuals in office budget upside down for many years! Looking for some advice thanks.

MikeATC

Retired FAA, NATCA Member
Apr 3, 2009
Nashville TN
First and foremost if there are problems with accounting ask the National Office for assistance, they also hold a class on establishing a facility budget and setting up a ledger.

When I was the treasure (years ago) we set aside $600 to $1000 (depending on location) for each convention, we then set aside $600 to pay travel expenses to attend NATCA functions, if we had money left over we would try to throw one or two parties for the members each year, purchase flowers for funerals, births, special occasions.

Walking into local accounting problems is not fun, it usually results in hard feelings with the previous local officers, but you need to ensure that all money properly accounted for.

The Heatles

Loving Life
Jun 15, 2008
Miami, FL
Are you an SRF-12 facility? Also, does your region have a treasurer "list serve"? Its like an email send all to all treasurers in your region. They should be able to help you out. Better than listing funds/budgets/etc on a public forum.