Application Numbers and Acceptance Numbers

klodabest

Newcomer
Feb 22, 2014
No concrete evidence but I think a lot of us are hoping.
Me too, I really wanted it this bid. Was out at my local airport today looking at the control tower and thinking damn, just give me another chance to try! And soon!

cdubya

Rookie
Jan 4, 2014
I know the feeling, except for the fact that I work with the local ATCT/TRACON here nearly on a daily basis. And yes, it cuts deep.

Mike_M

May 18, 2012
Tucson
I know the feeling, except for the fact that I work with the local ATCT/TRACON here nearly on a daily basis. And yes, it cuts deep.
I know them feels. I work with a Tracon and Tower everyday. Just want to switch seats! Lol

Bulldog274

Newcomer
Apr 4, 2013
Ive been saying this since they announced the OTS. There are even a percentage of people on here probably who would think twice about moving to Roswell or Bangor or Bismark. So for these people who applied because their friend told them to, no way in hell do they want to be an ATC enough to move there for 2 years minimum while they check out and try to transfer
lolol my CTI school was actually in the BEAUTIFUL Roswell, NM. It is a super good place to train...really laid back...I would totally take it. Not gladly mind you

h4xit

Trusted Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seconded CW - at a center every day. Sucks.

Adding to the amount of people that won't make it from this initial screen is all the people that can't get a security or medical clearance or pass the psych eval etc. - a small percent but still adds

Dcalcoda

Newcomer
Aug 21, 2013
If they do have another OTS bid, hopefully they won't advertise it all over the god damn place like they did for this first one.

dreweepoo

Jan 20, 2012
You guys keep mentioning WQ ATSAT scores eliminating some of the applicants but they've never said if you don't score WQ you are done. We know there will be three groups based off cumulative score of all inputs to the pre hire process. So those that don't score WQ will be in a less qualified group that will go to the Academy after those in the higher groups. They will not be excluded from further consideration. This may actually work in some peoples favor... Critically staffed facilities will obviously get the first graduates. Typically tough undisireable facilities. While those that go to OKC later may have options to facilities with better number that are newbie friendly and generally more desireable geographically.

dreweepoo

Jan 20, 2012
Traditionally-
20% fail the ATSAT (Roughly 60% score WQ) so we are down to roughly 1800 out of the 2200 who just pass (roughly 1100 score WQ)
If we take just the 1100 WQ and send them to the academy, roughly 800 will pass the academy (using recent pass/fail rates)
Out of the 800 who pass the academy, roughly 600 will certify at their assigned facility (in line with the posted projections)

Rough estimates on the costs (not including OJT pay)
ATSAT- 1.3M
Academy (say all terminal)- 22M
Total- Around $23M just to get the people picked up off this bid to the field

Hopefully, this BQ serves its purpose and brings in the best candidates for the job...
I've always heard $140 per test. Heard it again last week. And if this process gets people to facilities they will not be the "best" candidates for the job and it will NOT be because of the Bio Q

mgcb

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2011
Delaware
Seconded CW - at a center every day. Sucks.
Yup. I get to sit at a TRACON every day and help everyone else realize their dream. All I needed to do was switch damn seats. It was easy to stay motivated back when I knew my chance was coming. Needless to say, it is going to be time to go soon for me, its going to be like a slap in the face every day walking into this building now.

LyraM45

Mar 6, 2012
CA
ditto-- I'm in a center and this was my 3rd and final shot before aging out this Oct. Def cuts deep :\

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
Allegedly there is a kid in the CTI school I graduated that was about to drop out due to straight F's. Qualified on the the AT SAT.

AlphaBravoh

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Allegedly there is a kid in the CTI school I graduated that was about to drop out due to straight F's. Qualified on the the AT SAT.
Love this. Keep me informed on his progress. Can't wait to hear about him becoming a supervisor at KATL.

dreweepoo

Jan 20, 2012
Seems like most people who passed got previous Q scores. All the people I know who have taken the AT-SAT have at least.

LIVE4ATC

Newcomer
Jan 22, 2014
What a joke. If they don't pull the BQ entirely, how do they not expect to get the same results?

Current CPC's applied for the hell of it just to take the BQ and were deemed "ineligible." The whole thing is a disaster.
Seriously? Any CPC's get through the BQ?

RayLew

Newcomer
Aug 29, 2013
So nobody's gotten ATSAT information yet from this bid? I hope its faster than 3 weeks like others have said.

AlphaBravoh

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
So nobody's gotten ATSAT information yet from this bid? I hope its faster than 3 weeks like others have said.
Got a Pre-TOL e-mail on the first of FEB. Still waiting on my actual TOL.... Good luck on your timeframe hopes regarding the FAA.