Application Status on Aviator (August 2016 Bid)

artsarabia

May 21, 2014
I reapplied for this bid since I failed OKC from the 2014 bid. I was in the EnRoute program. It was difficult. I was doing well up until my radar evals. It was a hard pill to swallow when I failed and it took me a while to move forward with my life. If they disqualify my new application, I will completely understand. I had my shot and someone else should get the opportunity to make it. If by any chance I get rehired (which I doubt), I hope to get terminal. I guess let's see what happens?

DontCallMeShirley

Senior Analyst
Mar 31, 2012
Pushing Tin SUCKS
Be careful! If they find out that you are leaking their ultra secret, double classified information they'll remove you!!!
God forbid! It's 90% a current CTI student suing the feds and making FOIA requests (fight the power!) over discriminatory hiring, and 10% paranoia. Also, there's a link to the questions on the 2014 Bio-Q, you know, in violation of the non-disclosure agreement required to take the Bio-Q.

RedLightning

Rookie
Aug 27, 2016
Since my status on AVIATOR has changed, I figured I'd give an update.

It has had the green check with referral status box for a while, still saying received on USA Jobs, but today it went to the red exclamation point on AVIATOR. I received an email from FAA HR today as well saying I needed to send in my college transcripts (which I immediately did). I'll update again once something changes!

kdgirl

Rookie
Jun 26, 2014
I'm right there with you. 2014 EnRoute. I'm hoping for the same
I reapplied for this bid since I failed OKC from the 2014 bid. I was in the EnRoute program. It was difficult. I was doing well up until my radar evals. It was a hard pill to swallow when I failed and it took me a while to move forward with my life. If they disqualify my new application, I will completely understand. I had my shot and someone else should get the opportunity to make it. If by any chance I get rehired (which I doubt), I hope to get terminal. I guess let's see what happens?

mrobs15

Trusted Contributor
Dec 11, 2012
Orange County, CA
Since my status on AVIATOR has changed, I figured I'd give an update.

It has had the green check with referral status box for a while, still saying received on USA Jobs, but today it went to the red exclamation point on AVIATOR. I received an email from FAA HR today as well saying I needed to send in my college transcripts (which I immediately did). I'll update again once something changes!
Posting something on topic? How dare you!?

RedLightning

Rookie
Aug 27, 2016
Posting something on topic? How dare you!?
I figured I'd spice things up a bit!

As far as another update is concerned, I sent in my transcripts and got an email back saying that the transcripts would be added to my application.

Emailed original FAA employee that contacted me about transcripts and let them know I sent them in, and ask when my red exclamation point would be changed back to a green check. They said once HR reviews my updated application with transcripts attached, it should change back.

DontCallMeShirley

Senior Analyst
Mar 31, 2012
Pushing Tin SUCKS
I figured I'd spice things up a bit!

As far as another update is concerned, I sent in my transcripts and got an email back saying that the transcripts would be added to my application.

Emailed original FAA employee that contacted me about transcripts and let them know I sent them in, and ask when my red exclamation point would be changed back to a green check. They said once HR reviews my updated application with transcripts attached, it should change back.
That's awesome. Good to see HR is manually reviewing apps now.

RedLightning

Rookie
Aug 27, 2016
Why would you not upload your transcripts with your application, like it said to do?
Took my school almost a month to get my transcripts to me. Absolute nightmare of a process. Once I found out I wouldn't have them in time, I emailed HR and they said they would review what I had to send in (resume showing consecutive years of work experience), and that once the bid was closed, they would email me to get any documents that weren't included that they needed.

kittynberry

Newcomer
Aug 18, 2016
I recieved an E-mail from HR this morning as well, asking for my SF-50. I had requested it but had not gotten the doc back by the time that the bid closed.

justinlamarr1992

Dec 16, 2014
Dallas, TX
Right. If you needed a 50 on your last eval, you were not doing amazing. You were doing average. I'm at the academy now (and I too love it when people who have never been here tell everyone what it's like because they had a friend here). Let me tell you all something. Don't believe a word anyone says until you get here. Things here change constantly. More than that, and you'll see what I'm talking about, people lie about how they are doing. All. The. Time. Whether they don't want to admit their faults to themselves or others, I don't know. Some people have no problem discussing where they went wrong in a problem (the preferred method so everyone can learn - everything should be an open and frank discussion). Some will just not say anything if they ran a bad one (and everyone will have a bad one). Some straight lie. I have friends here who I'm really close to and even though we are all a fairly tight-knit group and everyone supports one another, they still lie. I'm guessing an ego thing.

It's been fairly common for people to get a 0 on their radar evals. Some have gotten 2 0's. No one has this "in the bag". Trust me. We've had people do perfect in basics, and crap out through the rest of the program. Basics, non-radar, radar - they are all different. Some people really struggled in non-radar are just shining in radar. Some who have been doing nearly perfect this whole time just aren't cutting it in radar.

My best advice as someone who is nearly done? Keep partying to a bare minimum. I only drank on weekends in basics. Never during the week, and I wouldn't get trashed either when I drank. After basics, no more alcohol. It was study study study. You can find every excuse in the world not to study or run non-radar problems. But those who find every excuse are not doing well. You get what you put into it.

If you come here thinking you have it in the bag, your attitude will quickly change in non-radar, unless you have a lot of non-radar experience. Moreso than that, that sort of attitude will not win you many friends or a studying group - and you NEED one in non-radar. Starting after basics, everyone gets knocked down a peg or two.

My very best advice is to keep your head down and study hard. Ask ALL the questions and never let a day go by where you were going to ask your instructor something but didn't. Everything should be clear to you each day. Maybe you didn't get it right during the problem, but you should know where you went wrong at the end of each day. Also, your reputation for the rest of your career starts here. Instructors will talk about you if you make yourself memorable (don't). Other students will too. This is a very small community. Don't be that guy/girl. Remove yourself from any drama in your class.
How long is class? like the average day and how long is the entire school?

MikeKiloRomeo

Feb 28, 2016
If enroute, you'll be here 4 months. 5 weeks basics, 6 weeks non-radar, 6 weeks radar. Always 8.5 hour days, including lunch. You'll start off on day shift 7AM-15:30. Usually you do that for the first 2 weeks of basics. Weeks 3 and 4 will probably be on nights. Week 5 is days. Night shift is 15:30-midnight.

Non-radar and radar have been mostly switching each week from days to nights, which can be rough when you get off at midnight Friday night then have to be in at 7am Monday morning. Those who choose to party (highly recommend not doing) end up not getting on a regular sleep schedule and don't feel "normal" til Wednesday.

nquattr

Newcomer
Aug 28, 2016
So..... Here it goes..

I'm a Afghan Campaign Medal vet, with 10% service connected disability... and I applied to Pool 2 (yes, stupid move, I know lol)

I checked AVIATOR, it has a green check box, it says thank you for applying, and it also says a referral list has not yet been created for the announcement.

Is this good or bad?

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
So..... Here it goes..

I'm a Afghan Campaign Medal vet, with 10% service connected disability... and I applied to Pool 2 (yes, stupid move, I know lol)

I checked AVIATOR, it has a green check box, it says thank you for applying, and it also says a referral list has not yet been created for the announcement.

Is this good or bad?
Good! Thanks for your service.

ware230

Trusted Contributor
Feb 4, 2011
IL Enroute CA
So..... Here it goes..

Is this good or bad?
Oddly enough, and possibly by sheer luck, you are probably in the absolute best position you could be in for selection. You've now passed the BQ and your in a pool with relatively few veterans and you'll have additional preference points with your 10% rating as long as you submitted the SF-15. You could easily be one of 800-1000 in Pool 1, in Pool 2 you are one of very few, I wouldn't even venture to guess. The only veterans I've seen applying for Pool 2 are those that aren't projected to be out within 120 days etc... Good luck, but for what it's worth, I don't think you'll need it. Take your sweet time on this new AT-SA and read all the instructions multiple times and utilize all the practice provided during the test. You're allotted 8 hours with most people finishing in a little over half that timeframe.