Application Status on Aviator (August 2016 Bid)

ware230

Trusted Contributor
Feb 4, 2011
IL Enroute CA
Not all "vets" are equal... Veterans will know what I mean, if a veteran is able to to claim a 10 point preference, it's a whole other ball game in terms of front of the line. Now add into the fact that he's Pool 2 with majority OTS candidates.

Headtrip

Rookie
Jan 21, 2016
I'm well aware. Suffice to say he couldn't be in much better shape at this extremely early part of the process.

ware230

Trusted Contributor
Feb 4, 2011
IL Enroute CA
This is exactly where he's in "better shape," he is literally on a list above all other Pool 2 candidates and 5 pt Vet Pref now and post AT-SA; I've been on both ends of the process, no need to further explain. If it doesn't apply to you so be it...

duris814

Rookie
Aug 8, 2015
i also thought the 120 days is only if you claim vet pref

edit: i just looked over the announcement and it says "if you are not able to complete pre employment requirements within 15 months from the time of this bid closing"

archer

Jan 8, 2016
I had a green check mark but a few days ago my status on the FAA's website changed to "Not eligible for further consideration" and I got a red exclamation point. However, I got an email from HR 2 days ago saying I need to submit my "Statement of Service" to them with in 5 business days or my application will be rated as it was originally submitted. So I think once I submit this, it will go back to a green check mark.

I am an active duty Air Force controller and don't separate until Feb 21. Since I am more than 120 days from my separation date, I did not apply for vet preference. This makes me wonder why they would need this. Also the email said to refer to the original hiring announcement for more information and I did not see anything about a "statement of service".

For other people in the air force, my question is what exactly is this and how do I obtained one? I found an old reddit thread about it on /r/airforce and it looks like I can get it from vMPF. I think I found it, but I am not totally sure if this is what they are looking for. I have also asked a couple people at work and they don't know.

rdyotz

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2014
Arizona
I had a green check mark but a few days ago my status on the FAA's website changed to "Not eligible for further consideration" and I got a red exclamation point. However, I got an email from HR 2 days ago saying I need to submit my "Statement of Service" to them with in 5 business days or my application will be rated as it was originally submitted. So I think once I submit this, it will go back to a green check mark.

I am an active duty Air Force controller and don't separate until Feb 21. Since I am more than 120 days from my separation date, I did not apply for vet preference. This makes me wonder why they would need this. Also the email said to refer to the original hiring announcement for more information and I did not see anything about a "statement of service".

For other people in the air force, my question is what exactly is this and how do I obtained one? I found an old reddit thread about it on /r/airforce and it looks like I can get it from vMPF. I think I found it, but I am not totally sure if this is what they are looking for. I have also asked a couple people at work and they don't know.
I would contact your personnel department and ask them. Also, you can try asking FAA HR for examples.

RedLightning

Rookie
Aug 27, 2016

Same with me, but for my transcripts. Gentleman from HR said status should go back to green once submitted docs are reviewed.

rdyotz

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2014
Arizona

Here is the Air Force's statement of service
http://static.e-publishing.af.mil/production/1/af_a1/form/af1613/af1613.pdf

Might need to be filled out by personnel though.

Headtrip

Rookie
Jan 21, 2016

Archer, any updates? I just got the same thing.

archer

Jan 8, 2016
I just called HR and was on hold for 30min as "all available representatives were busy". Once I finally get through to a representative they just immediately hang up on me before saying a word... I guess I will try again...

archer

Jan 8, 2016
I finally got a hold of someone from HR and they said I can get it from my personnel office and it has to have my start date and separation date as well as projected reason for discharge.

kittynberry

Newcomer
Aug 18, 2016

I'm in the same boat... But I needed the SF50 for confirmation that I had been originally hired before I aged out (past FAA, CTI Grad over 31.) I emailed them the stuff over the weekend and had a confirmation they received it Monday. I emailed them again today to see if I need anything else but my status has still not changed :(

Headtrip

Rookie
Jan 21, 2016
I finally got a hold of someone from HR and they said I can get it from my personnel office and it has to have my start date and separation date as well as projected reason for discharge.
They give you a reason? I suppose it's to prove you can meet the 15 month deadline, but there is nothing on the application that says to include such a document. Hopefully this isn't the kind of thing that takes personnel a month.

Truth

Jun 22, 2011
Not all "vets" are equal... Veterans will know what I mean, if a veteran is able to to claim a 10 point preference, it's a whole other ball game in terms of front of the line. Now add into the fact that he's Pool 2 with majority OTS candidates.
I wish this were true...I'm a 10 point vet, 7 years ATC experience, I keep getting "refered" to jobs then nothing...

ware230

Trusted Contributor
Feb 4, 2011
IL Enroute CA
I wish this were true...I'm a 10 point vet, 7 years ATC experience, I keep getting "refered" to jobs then nothing...
Sorry you've gone through all that, exact same here except 8 years in the Marines not ATC but I didn't have to take that crazy BQ. When we took it at my facility as a "measure," the majority of CPCs including myself failed. Hopefully you'll have better luck this year without the BQ.