Application Status on Aviator (August 2016 Bid)

Headtrip

Rookie
Jan 21, 2016
I finally got a hold of someone from HR and they said I can get it from my personnel office and it has to have my start date and separation date as well as projected reason for discharge.
I went to personnel and they told me they didn't know anything about a letter of service, but I could find all that info on vMPF. The captain in charge of the flight is willing to type up a letter for me, hopefully that's enough.

Remington

Aug 16, 2016
What is everyone's experience with taking the ATSA? How long in advance do you get the notice of when it's scheduled??

kkolberga

May 23, 2012
not sure how it will be this time around but usually you get at least a month notice. you get an email with available dates in your area and you pick one. its a new test so not much anyone can tell you about it. Its an aptitude test so just go in with a clear mind and well rested. If you think about it too much you will not do well.

Remington

Aug 16, 2016
not sure how it will be this time around but usually you get at least a month notice. you get an email with available dates in your area and you pick one. its a new test so not much anyone can tell you about it. Its an aptitude test so just go in with a clear mind and well rested. If you think about it too much you will not do well.
Thanks! good to know- I was concerned tests would be that week or something. A month is a good time frame!!

Romeo_Echo

Aug 17, 2015
FL
I went to personnel and they told me they didn't know anything about a letter of service, but I could find all that info on vMPF. The captain in charge of the flight is willing to type up a letter for me, hopefully that's enough.
I needed a Statement of Service when I bought my house using a VA loan. I got it from vMPF under self-service/ personnel data

Headtrip

Rookie
Jan 21, 2016
I needed a Statement of Service when I bought my house using a VA loan. I got it from vMPF under self-service/ personnel data
The Service section with your dates, got it.

I submitted the letter my flight commander wrote this morning and received an email saying it was uploaded into aviator just now, so that route worked for anyone required to upload a statement of service.

archer

Jan 8, 2016

I did the same. I went to the MPF yesterday and they had no idea what I was talking about. All they did was showed me how to get a Proof of Service letter off of vMPF. It shows my date of enlistment and separation date on it along with a few other things. But it doesn't show projected type of discharge/separation.

usaftmomike

Mar 10, 2014
Anchorage, AK
I can't imagine MPF would ever give a statement stating what the anticipated type of separation is simply due to the fact that anything could happen between now and then.

u238

Rookie
Sep 12, 2010
I wrote my own statement of service with expected character of discharge and brought it to my commander. I asked him to sign it, and he asked me "what's a statement of service?" Still signed it.

Headtrip

Rookie
Jan 21, 2016
Anyone have aviator update after sending in the statement of service? I still have the red exclamation point of doom.

anti-hyphen

Newcomer
Jan 21, 2015
NY
Question, I received an email 2 days ago saying:

"Dear Applicant – our records indicate you have not uploaded the following documents to your application:

Recommendation letter from CTI school

The identified documents must be received within 5 business days... blah blah blah

.... ---
If the requested documents are not received within 5 business days of the date of this email, your application will be rated as it was originally submitted."

So the issue here is I'm not going to be able to get that letter because the CTI school I went to was Dowling College and they literally just closed their doors like this week. Is there anyone else here in the same boat? And if there are, what did you / are you gonna do? I'm going to email the HR lady back and explain but I don't have a good feeling about this.

I graduated from there 2011 so I have my degree and transcript and everything, but I can't for the life of me remember a specific recommendation letter or having a physical copy of one. I feel like that is something I would definitely have held on to and made a copy of. Not good, not good.

ware230

Trusted Contributor
Feb 4, 2011
IL Enroute CA
Question, I received an email 2 days ago saying:

"Dear Applicant – our records indicate you have not uploaded the following documents to your application:

Recommendation letter from CTI school

The identified documents must be received within 5 business days... blah blah blah

.... ---
If the requested documents are not received within 5 business days of the date of this email, your application will be rated as it was originally submitted."

So the issue here is I'm not going to be able to get that letter because the CTI school I went to was Dowling College and they literally just closed their doors like this week. Is there anyone else here in the same boat? And if there are, what did you / are you gonna do? I'm going to email the HR lady back and explain but I don't have a good feeling about this.

I graduated from there 2011 so I have my degree and transcript and everything, but I can't for the life of me remember a specific recommendation letter or having a physical copy of one. I feel like that is something I would definitely have held on to and made a copy of. Not good, not good.

Im sending you a PM now, contact me as soon as you can, I was able to make a few calls to get a contact for you to reach out to.

DJ_

Newcomer
Mar 16, 2013
Anyone have aviator update after sending in the statement of service? I still have the red exclamation point of doom.
I submitted a proof of service the day they sent the email out requesting it. Went green Wednesday.

RedLightning

Rookie
Aug 27, 2016
Sent my requested documents in on Saturday. Still red. Emailed HR and got the same email of "Status should change once your documents are reviewed", so we'll see. Looks like some peoples changed pretty quickly and some peoples are still in limbo.

badloss2

Rookie
Aug 10, 2016
This morning I got an email requesting my college transcripts and pilot license giving me 5 business days to send it in. I haven't sent it in yet but I still have a green check mark under my application status. This must be a somewhat good sign? Maybe? Possibly?

kittynberry

Newcomer
Aug 18, 2016
This morning I got an email requesting my college transcripts and pilot license giving me 5 business days to send it in. I haven't sent it in yet but I still have a green check mark under my application status. This must be a somewhat good sign? Maybe? Possibly?
If your under 31 you may still qualify for pool 2... just a thought.

kittynberry

Newcomer
Aug 18, 2016
? Nothing in his post mentions being pool 1,in fact I am pretty certain he is pool 2. Everyone has to be under 31 in this bid (unless you get the age waiver for 2014 bid).
If you read the original post it mentioned college transcripts and a pilot license. Not true about age. I resigned from the faa in an atc position and I still qualify for this bid because I was originally appointed to a 2152 position prior to my 31st birthday. There is also an exception for military that I belive is 35 or 36 with the right criteria.

rdyotz

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2014
Arizona
If you read the original post it mentioned college transcripts and a pilot license. Not true about age. I resigned from the faa in an atc position and I still qualify for this bid because I was originally appointed to a 2152 position prior to my 31st birthday. There is also an exception for military that I belive is 35 or 36 with the right criteria.
College transcripts and a pilot's certificate only put you in pool 2. Pool 1 is for CTI and veterans. Granted, he could be CTI or a vet, but no where does he mention either of those things.

Prior FAA ATC must be one of the exceptions, I have heard of numerous prior experience people (over the age of 31) that were eliminated from this bid and told to apply to the prior experience bid.