Application Status on Aviator (August 2016 Bid)

cali

Mar 29, 2015
CTI is absolutely like talking to real planes. Our simulator had the capability to recreate the exact type of traffic we are going to see when we get to the field. I was also a lab tech at our school so I feel like I am even better prepared than most!

I'm just ready to get to OKC!
I think the faa should just put you straight into an OM position with that kind of experience.

DaOsprey

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2014
Apologies to the OP for getting off topic (does a mod want to split the thread?)

I can't tell if I'm being trolled or not so I'll reply for any that are lurking. From what I've researched, all of the US private towers want you to have 2-4+ yrs of FAA tower experience (and all pay less IIRC). It does not allow you to bypass the Academy, just the certification test that you take not long after you get there. Also as slater said, prior experience bids require military or FAA facility.

Let us play a game... SERCO wants 6 months and if you are decent the school may consider hiring you after graduation. They also allow you to continue working if you really want to gain that experience. Once you have the 52 weeks of experience and are picked up on the prior experience bid you can bypass academy, reporting direct to facility. It does not have to be a military or FAA facility, how do I know? Many others from that school including myself were picked up and reported direct to facility.

ksplatt4488

Feb 4, 2014
NC
USAJOBS says "reviewed" in green, but when I click on the status, it says I failed the Bio-Q. I'd like to know how they score this, because it seems like an awful process. Also failed the 2014 one. Been working ATC for 9 years now, but I don't have what it takes personality-wise to be an ATCer...Oh well, I'll just wait for the prior exp bid.

CTI-LUVR

Aug 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ
USAJOBS says "reviewed" in green, but when I click on the status, it says I failed the Bio-Q. I'd like to know how they score this, because it seems like an awful process. Also failed the 2014 one. Been working ATC for 9 years now, but I don't have what it takes personality-wise to be an ATCer...Oh well, I'll just wait for the prior exp bid.
We are currently seeking information on this from the FAA through FOIA requests. We have been working tirelessly to get to the bottom of this. It's criminal what they are doing to people like us with experience (whether it be live traffic or simulation).

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
We are currently seeking information on this from the FAA through FOIA requests. We have been working tirelessly to get to the bottom of this. It's criminal what they are doing to people like us with experience (whether it be live traffic or simulation).
You're trying to get information on why apps say "reviewed" through FOIA requests?

CTI-LUVR

Aug 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ
You're trying to get information on why apps say "reviewed" through FOIA requests?
No. Just for the graphical data which depicts the criteria necessary to pass/fail someone on the Bio-Q. But if you think we could get information on the exact process of how and why an application would change to "reviewed" I think that would completely justify another FOIA request.

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
No. Just for the graphical data which depicts the criteria necessary to pass/fail someone on the Bio-Q. But if you think we could get information on the exact process of how and why an application would change to "reviewed" I think that would completely justify another FOIA request.
This is already being litigated in court.

jokat989

Rookie
Feb 4, 2013
That is exactly the type of attitude that will get your ass washed out. Someone in your life has greatly mislead you, or you are just delusional.

Even the sims in okc are nowhere near live traffic.

Edit: tried to quote the guy saying the sim was exactly like live traffic; not sure if troll, or serious, but I've known people who genuinely believe that

jmanley20

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2015
In the Slot
thats not true at all.... you want received to stay. Referral list means you made it. At least thats how it was last year when I applied.

GREEN CHECK MARK = GOOD
RECEIVED = GOOD
ANYTHING regarding referral list on AVIATOR = GOOD

RED X (EXCLAMATION POINT) = BAD
REVIEWED = BAD

-----

Just to prove to you, I have a TOL for enroute from the March 2015 bid and I still show "Received"

Reactions: angelorozco101

ksplatt4488

Feb 4, 2014
NC
That is exactly the type of attitude that will get your ass washed out. Someone in your life has greatly mislead you, or you are just delusional.

Edit: tried to quote the guy saying the sim was exactly like live traffic
CTI-LUVR didn't say it was the same. Said "or."

ksplatt4488

Feb 4, 2014
NC
thats not true at all.... you want received to stay. Referral list means you made it. At least thats how it was last year when I applied.

GREEN CHECK MARK = GOOD
RECEIVED = GOOD
ANYTHING regarding referral list on AVIATOR = GOOD

RED X (EXCLAMATION POINT) = BAD
REVIEWED = BAD

-----

Just to prove to you, I have a TOL for enroute from the March 2015 bid and I still show "Received"
Thanks for the info homie.

jmanley20

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2015
In the Slot
no problem best of luck! its a fun process for sure... interested in what people will say on here about the ATSA after they take it.

No one knows what thats gonna be like for you guys

jmanley20

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2015
In the Slot
Ksplatt4488: "USAJOBS says "reviewed" in green, but when I click on the status, it says I failed the Bio-Q. I'd like to know how they score this, because it seems like an awful process. Also failed the 2014 one. Been working ATC for 9 years now, but I don't have what it takes personality-wise to be an ATCer...Oh well, I'll just wait for the prior exp bid."

why the hell did you opt out of Pool #1 then ??? Pool 1 doesnt have to take the bio q.......

jmanley20

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2015
In the Slot
You think you have experience because you are CTI? thats cute

1. FAA doesnt care about your FOIA request... its the Federal Govt... they can do what they want when it comes to hiring.

2. Congress authorized the FAA to use Affirmative Action in the hiring process.

3. The bio q was for those OFF THE STREET with either: NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE, NOT A CTI GRADUATE, or a VRA.

if you qualified for Pool 1 and you opted NOT to apply under Pool 1 then thats your own damn fault... not the FAA.

Last edited:

jmanley20

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2015
In the Slot
Allows you to obtain a certification, work contract towers, and provides experience for the 52 weeks prior experience bid, bypass academy and report direct to facility... Quite the gimmick. What does CTI do exactly? Skip what basics?
quite the gimmick indeed.

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸

Edit: tried to quote the guy saying the sim was exactly like live traffic; not sure if troll, or serious, but I've known people who genuinely believe that
He/she is trolling.