Application Status on Aviator (August 2016 Bid)

n0vemberh0tel

Rookie
Jul 15, 2016
I agree, he might have not have chosen the best words but his sentiment was accurate. There are a lot of people who are applying for this bid who are professionals who are looking to move to a career that suits their passions and desires better.
And that's fine, that's what this bid is all about. That being said that "military" state of mind of treating you like you are nothing until you are checked out isn't done to be an asshole, its done to stress you out and push you far beyond your comfort zone so that when your plugged in alone and the shit hits the fan you aren't going to crumble under pressure. Its a proven method that has worked for many years, it builds strong minded controllers and it builds a stronger appreciation for the job once you get fully checked out.

I hope that anyone who has a drive and passion to do ATC gets picked up I truly do. But being soft and afraid to get call a dumbass no less than 100,000 times isn't going to help you get checked out.

jmanley20

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2015
In the Slot
Application Status on Aviator (August Bid)

And that's fine, that's what this bid is all about. That being said that "military" state of mind of treating you like you are nothing until you are checked out isn't done to be an asshole, its done to stress you out and push you far beyond your comfort zone so that when your plugged in alone and the shit hits the fan you aren't going to crumble under pressure. Its a proven method that has worked for many years, it builds strong minded controllers and it builds a stronger appreciation for the job once you get fully checked out.

I hope that anyone who has a drive and passion to do ATC gets picked up I truly do. But being soft and afraid to get call a dumbass no less than 100,000 times isn't going to help you get checked out.
Couldnt have said it any better myself and i havent even gone to OKC yet... lots of friends of mine have recently gone through OKC... some have made it and some washed out but either way each one will tell you:

A. It aint over till its over... NEVER EVER think you made it... cuz if you do you probably arent going to
B. Sit down, smile, shut up, open up your ears and take the shit you get and remember that every 60 seconds there is a brand new 60 seconds coming up.
C. Never ever ever say "oh i was just about to do that" or "yeah i already knew that"... just shut up say thank you
D. Play their game by their rules and you win its as simple as that
E. dont be a drama queen... no one cares you graduated top in your class at CTI, you were a lab rat, you were an RPO, you were an intern.... hell i was an intern at IAD ATCT at the age of 16 ... that doesnt mean anything... all it did was increase my love and passion for this career and drove me to go for it and here i am now with a TOL for enroute... im nothing... i havent accomplished anything yet.

In conclusion, put your money where your mouth is and show them on the scopes how much you know and what you are capable of.

Best advice anyone is going to give you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headtrip

Rookie
Jan 21, 2016
None of us are in training yet and most of us won't be. Let's just chill our and focus on where we're at. If I'm lucky enough to be selected you can call me whatever you want.

Subiemedic

Newcomer
Feb 21, 2016
i have 5 years as a paramedic and 8 years as an EMT responsible progressive work experience and it says i did not pass the bio-q seems almost everyone failed. what are they looking for? i wish they explained why. :(

Last edited:

rdyotz

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2014
Arizona
i have 5 years as a paramedic and 8 years as an EMT responsible progressive work experience and it says i did not pass the bio-q seems almost everyone failed. what are they looking for? i wish they explained why. :(
Bio-q is not based on experience. It is solely based on the questionnaire you filled out after the application. More people passed this year than last year. Somewhere around 25% passed this time, only 10% or so last year... No one knows how it is graded.

jmanley20

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2015
In the Slot
If i had to guess , they make some cpcs take it and base the answers off what they put. They see a pattern from what the CPCs put and then just look for the same pattern from the applicants.

Thats just what i think it is tho... seems logical

ware230

Trusted Contributor
Feb 4, 2011
IL Enroute CA
If i had to guess , they make some cpcs take it and base the answers off what they put. They see a pattern from what the CPCs put and then just look for the same pattern from the applicants.

Thats just what i think it is tho... seems logical

Your reasoning is way too logical and rational, you make perfect sense. However, the absolute MAJORITY of CPC's throughout the NAS have "failed" the Bio Test (myself included) during voluntary facility testing. This fact is a great deal of what the CTI schools used to have legislation changed for prior experience, CTI and VRA applicants.

SuntanMan

Nov 12, 2015
Lol typical case of FAA doing FAA stuff that just doesnt make sense. Yay government!

When do you think your going to clear your medical? I'm still waiting on my tier 2 and it's driving me crazy lol

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011

You act like none of us work in high pressure jobs that have high washout rates. Once you get to a certain point it's time to treat everyone professionally.

jmanley20

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2015
In the Slot
When do you think your going to clear your medical? I'm still waiting on my tier 2 and it's driving me crazy lol
I have two more sessions at rehab and then i will be ready to retake all the testing. I feel like i will be ready to blow that test out of the water. If i pass it i can get my airman medical and in turn get my ATC medical. :)

gsujake

Trusted Member
Nov 29, 2011
I have two more sessions at rehab and then i will be ready to retake all the testing. I feel like i will be ready to blow that test out of the water. If i pass it i can get my airman medical and in turn get my ATC medical. :)

Goodluck to you