Application Status Update

flyin_sooner

Trusted Contributor
Mar 23, 2010
A buddy of mine applied and it immediately told him not eligible. I'm thinking he may have selected the wrong announcement by mistake. Anyone else have this issue?

jimmydee

Jan 8, 2014
I applied first thing in the morning and got a status update email. I'm pretty sure it was just informing you that your application status went from "submitted" to "received". At least that's all mine was. Application evaluation shouldn't occur until the bid closes.

andyemmdee

Newcomer
Feb 11, 2014
Anyone else get the 2:30 A.M. status update email? I was unable to figure out what the update was.
+1 here, got it around 2am sometime.

I applied first thing in the morning and got a status update email. I'm pretty sure it was just informing you that your application status went from "submitted" to "received". At least that's all mine was. Application evaluation shouldn't occur until the bid closes.
What's the difference between "submitted" and "received"? The job posting itself says that the application status must be "submitted" by 11:59 PM ET on the close date...

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
The system was probably so back logged, that's probably what time it finally was able to send out those emails.

graham609

Rookie
Mar 11, 2013
KROW
This email is just a standard email that USAJobs sends out after submitting any application with the FAA. When I apply internally for bids I always get a 2AM or so email.

lrcr

Apr 29, 2011
Seattle, WA
What's everyone’s take on the USAJOBS resume not putting a "day" option in the experience section? Should I resubmit my app or not with it typed in the description?

JHaldeman1

Newcomer
Oct 20, 2012
What's everyone’s take on the USAJOBS resume not putting a "day" option in the experience section? Should I resubmit my app or not with it typed in the description?
I don't think that will be a determining factor. I used the USA jobs resume builder as recommended and just put the month and year, but if everyone else gets picked up before I do I guess I will know why.

KUweatherman

Newcomer
Feb 3, 2014
Olathe, KS
I got the email as well. Freaked me out at first. Thought, "Man, that was fast. Can't be good." So I was relieved to see that it was just the 'Received' update, lol

coasters

Rookie
Feb 18, 2012
I don't think that will be a determining factor. I used the USA jobs resume builder as recommended and just put the month and year, but if everyone else gets picked up before I do I guess I will know why.
Same Here, did not include the actual day & just followed the resume builder's format Month/Year format. Funny, I thought the same thing.