Application Status Update

eric86

Sep 4, 2008
BX
So let me ask you guys this, I applied for the job and was wondering what you guys think might be my chances of making it to the Academy. I have a Bachelor's Degree and Veteran's Preference (5 points). Whatever you guys think, I'd like to hear. Thanks!
If you keep making the same useless posts like this, then chances are slim.

h4xit

Trusted Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
You have to take the atsat so you can be racked and stacked in the applicant pool. BQ+ATSAT= your destiny.

brandomassacre

Newcomer
Apr 17, 2010
I totally screwed the pooch on this one... I missed the deadline by 4 days. Wasn't paying attention. I guess applying for 4 years now and being a CTI graduate doesn't do a damn thing anyways, but Aviation Careers could have at least sent me an email for goodness sakes. Oh well, there's always next year. Oh. Wait. Nevermind, I turn 30 this year. Damnit.

h4xit

Trusted Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
They sent everyone else letters and emails. Might wanna see where yours went

brandomassacre

Newcomer
Apr 17, 2010
I don't doubt that my roommate lost the letter, but I should have gotten an email at least. I had heard rumors that this was happening, but it's a little ridiculous they closed the announcement in less than 2 weeks. Sounds like it was pretty flooded though. Well I hope you all enjoy working next to the Petsmart manager that worked there for 5+ years full time. Who knows, he/she may be a great controller. They also didn't waste 6 years of their life trying to be one.

belbas

Newcomer
Jan 17, 2014
I don't doubt that my roommate lost the letter, but I should have gotten an email at least. I had heard rumors that this was happening, but it's a little ridiculous they closed the announcement in less than 2 weeks. Sounds like it was pretty flooded though. Well I hope you all enjoy working next to the Petsmart manager that worked there for 5+ years full time. Who knows, he/she may be a great controller. They also didn't waste 6 years of their life trying to be one.
Sorry to hear

109DD

Rookie
Jul 9, 2013
I totally screwed the pooch on this one... I missed the deadline by 4 days. Wasn't paying attention. I guess applying for 4 years now and being a CTI graduate doesn't do a damn thing anyways, but Aviation Careers could have at least sent me an email for goodness sakes. Oh well, there's always next year. Oh. Wait. Nevermind, I turn 30 this year. Damnit.

No no offense dude, but how could you not know about the bid? It's been talked about for months, advertised on pandora, radio stations, online job hunting sites, Facebook, the news in some states, hell even the carabou in the middle of no where Alaska heard about the bid. I'm sorry you didn't apply, but it was almost impossible to not know they were hiring

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
No no offense dude, but how could you not know about the bid? It's been talked about for months, advertised on pandora, radio stations, online job hunting sites, Facebook, the news in some states, hell even the carabou in the middle of no where Alaska heard about the bid. I'm sorry you didn't apply, but it was almost impossible to not know they were hiring
Plus I live i Alaska and I heard..lel

C

charliezuluatc

Even the guy under the rock on the Geico commercial knew about it.

dvsxlt247

Newcomer
Feb 24, 2014
Miami, FL
Today's the fifth day, should be the big day!!!!!!
Its been five days since the listing closed but not five business days which is what counts. Who knows if they're really gonna notify anyone five business days after. Could be more like weeks. I don't expect to hear anything anytime soon.

freshav8tor

Trusted Contributor
Jul 19, 2009
Wow, "5th day", you guys are trolls lmao. Keep moving on with your day and life, nothing is going to happen today.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
In previous bids, it would take about 4-6 weeks to be notified of selection after the bid closed. Don't know if this will be faster since it's automated, but nothing moves quickly in the Federal government.

nfingers

Trusted Contributor
Sep 8, 2012
Pittsburgh PA
Lol people are getting way too hyped about this.

WAY TOO EXCITED.

ive personally found it better to expect to not even get referred and then be happy when you do.

i have a RAPC plus enough education/work experience to
qualify twice. We'll see what happens

Good luck to everyone

C

charliezuluatc

I think they are waiting a few days to let everyone get their documentation in whether it be by fax or mail. I think next week they will start the new process.