Application Status Update

jrpj32

Rookie
May 18, 2009
Deptford, NJ
Guys relax.. They send you a message to let you know they've received your application. It's a long process, let the faa do its thing. Don't be surprised if you don't get another update for a month. From the day my opening closed it took me a year to start at the Academy in Oklahoma. It seemed like all the updates and notifications were happening in 1-2 month intervals. I suggest you just put your mind at ease and continue with your lives in the meantime. Good luck to you all.

El Jefe
NY Tracon

Sotos_b777

Newcomer
Jan 14, 2014
I did not get an e-mail saying that application was recieved, but it says on USA jobs that the application was recieved?

Jsquad

Feb 24, 2014
Metro Detroit
I did not get an e-mail saying that application was recieved, but it says on USA jobs that the application was recieved?
I have the same thing. I assume that that means that they still received the application, with the amount of applications being filled out it may have just skipped over sending certain emails. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Sotos_b777

Newcomer
Jan 14, 2014
I have the same thing. I assume that that means that they still received the application, with the amount of applications being filled out it may have just skipped over sending certain emails. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
Ok, so basically just check USAJOBS and AVIATOR Right?

Sotos_b777

Newcomer
Jan 14, 2014
That's because you didn't setup your account to be notified via email when the status of an announcement changes.
I do have it set up like that,so im assuming that its the number of applications that have to be put through in order to get the e-mail. But I've checked the status on USAJOBS and it says received and submitted on AVIATOR so im assuming its doing its things.

Jsquad

Feb 24, 2014
Metro Detroit
As AntAcree said, yes. You had to setup your account so you would be notified by email. I have my account set to email me when my application status changes from received to something different. It's all apart of your account options.

Sotos_b777

Newcomer
Jan 14, 2014
As, AntAcree said yes. You had to setup your account so you would be notified by email. I have my account set to email me when my application status changes from received to something different. It's all apart of your account options.
Got you! Thank you guys so much, I wish you the best!

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
False. Set up your USAjobs account so that it emails you of status changes. When the FAA updates your application in any fashion (eligible/selected/rejected/donkey punched) it will automatically update USAjobs and then email you. Changes often hit usajobs before they hit aviator.

scdaryl2005

Newcomer
Feb 10, 2014
The next status update you will see on USAJOBS will say, "Reviewed." From there, you should get a Notice of Results, which will state whether you are qualifed and refered to the hiring manager or not qualified and "Not Hired." For this bid however, i'm not sure what it will say after "Reviewed" since those who are qualified will be refered to take the ATSAT.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Everytime I read that it hurts... I hope they'll at least supply lube next time.
Try having more ratings than you can shake a stick at, including FAA Tower and TRACON ratings, being current in a tower, and being told you've got to take some at-sat as if you've never talked to a single airplane in your life? That's taking it dry from a broken bottle behind a circle K while a crackhead smacks you in the mouth with a dead fish.

Reactions: AF_ATC

scdaryl2005

Newcomer
Feb 10, 2014
Yes even if you have already taken the ATSAT, because under the 10 Feb bid, everyone will have to take the ATSAT again.

AF_ATC

Trusted Member
Nov 20, 2009
Try having more ratings than you can shake a stick at, including FAA Tower and TRACON ratings, being current in a tower, and being told you've got to take some at-sat as if you've never talked to a single airplane in your life? That's taking it dry from a broken bottle behind a circle K while a crackhead smacks you in the mouth with a dead fish.
Doesn't get more accurate than this.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Yea, makes absolutely no sense. Did you apply for the last 2 VRA bids?
VRA. CTO. ReinCPC. I've got two FAA CPC ratings, one in an AT-6 up/down and one in a 10 standalone TRACON. Took time off to play Mr. Mom while my wife developed her business. Then the FAA revamped the hiring process again. And again. And now, again.

Apparently a couple years of paternity time gets you blacklisted.

Last edited: