Application to Australia

nhstadt

Epic Member
Mar 24, 2011
south "Murica
thinking of putting in an app..... don't know if I'd take a spot and give up my FAA gig though, that's a lot to give up for four years of Australia

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
It's in Australia. That's about it. Unless you were lucky enough to get their version of center or tracon in/near the bigger cities you will probably be in the outback, where literally everything wants you dead. That said, I enquired about Australian and New Zealand ATC when I applied to the FAA but they weren't hiring foreigners at the moment.

SWCO

Newcomer
Sep 8, 2011
Is TCU Australian for tracon controllers? Or is it both tracon and tower?

clr2lnd

Rookie
Feb 9, 2014
It's in Australia. That's about it. Unless you were lucky enough to get their version of center or tracon in/near the bigger cities you will probably be in the outback, where literally everything wants you dead. That said, I enquired about Australian and New Zealand ATC when I applied to the FAA but they weren't hiring foreigners at the moment.
Current bid they have out says they're hiring for the four largest cities. Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth. They're wanting prior terminal experience. So the plus would be tower or tracon in one of those places.

BrewnATC

Epic Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ass deep in a folding chair
Current bid they have out says they're hiring for the four largest cities. Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth. They're wanting prior terminal experience. So the plus would be tower or tracon in one of those places.
If you read it closer it says they want busy approach experience. TCU means terminal control unit, which is their version of TRACON.