Apply to New Bid W/ TOL..?

AK02

Apr 8, 2012
Does anyone have any experience with this? Are you allowed to apply to a new bid while already holding a TOL? I am an experienced controller and received a TOL from the open bid last year. I do not have a class date yet. Obviously I would rather go straight to a facility over going to the academy like it looks like they will be doing with this current bid. Since I don't have a class date yet am I still able to apply and get picked up under this announcement and then just turn down the other TOL if it came to that. I would like to hear from anyone with knowledge/experience of this. Thanks.

SnoopDog

Jun 11, 2012
I know people back when i was hired that applied for every bid...and were picked up on more than one.

The Heatles

Loving Life
Jun 15, 2008
Miami, FL
I see no reason why you cant bid on this new one as well. Even on the older list you're already selected on I wouldnt be surprised if they offer you the option to skip the academy since you're prior experience.

mcook36

Jan 26, 2014
A friend of mine called HR with the same question. He was told he would have to drop his current TOL and then apply on the new bid.

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
I'm not sure why you'd have to drop a TOL to apply on a new announcement. I could understand if one has an FOL that you can't apply on another bid, but a TOL is just that -- temporary.

AK02

Apr 8, 2012
I'm not sure why you'd have to drop a TOL to apply on a new announcement. I could understand if one has an FOL that you can't apply on another bid, but a TOL is just that -- temporary.
Yeah that doesn't sound right at all. Until you receive a FOL I don't see any problem applying to whatever bid you want.