April 2016 PTOL's

sierraTango

Rookie
Jun 5, 2015
Hi everybody,

I was also tentatively scheduled for an April 2016 class date. Looks like I am going En Route.

A little bit about me: I live in Alaska, and my wife and I will both be traveling to OKC for my training(along with our dog). I plan on staying at Isola Bella. For location preference I will only say that I would prefer not to go to New York, Oakland, or Guam. Obviously, i would take any of those if they were the only options. Otherwise, My wife and I are pretty open minded as to where we want to end up.

I can't wait to get to class. I hope i can find a pretty good study group.

ATOcougs2010

Newcomer
Aug 28, 2015
Thought I would check in as well as I am new:

April pTOL for Terminal
27 yr old
CTI grad 2012 after getting my bachelors in 2010 from Washington State.

Hope to see everyone in OKC soon!

VikAnis

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2013
N. Cali
Thought I would check in as well as I am new:

April pTOL for Terminal
27 yr old
CTI grad 2012 after getting my bachelors in 2010 from Washington State.

Hope to see everyone in OKC soon!
Another Terminal, nice. Looks like a lot of people got enroute.

kris10leigh

Newcomer
Jun 5, 2015
FL
Now that sounds like a major distraction. But I wouldn't blame you. If you think you can make it work, more power to you.
I've got very young kids. The youngest a newborn... Missing 4-5 months of their life that young won't work for me as a mom. I'll make it work!

Jeronamoe

Oct 14, 2011
I've got very young kids. The youngest a newborn... Missing 4-5 months of their life that young won't work for me as a mom. I'll make it work!
I've got a 2 yr old and a 2 month old. The thought of leaving them makes me feel awful. But I'm a guy, I know being a mom with your kids is quite different than being a dad. Good luck

esmith2001

Newcomer
Feb 28, 2014
Esmith, how come you didn't apply to the previous experience bid?
I did. An HR doc in my submission packet had a date mislabeled so ruled ineligible. The story is much longer and has a lot more to it than that, but listening to it is about as interesting as listen to someone talk about their fantasy football team.

nnewson

Newcomer
Jun 5, 2015
HOuston
Hello Everyone,

Received 9/10/2015

Confirmed 9/11/2015 via email and fax
Tentative Class Date April 2016.
Enroute

I dont plan on bring my son and he is 13 months now. I would hate to miss out on so much time of his life but I really wanna focus and pass! So im just think positive about the situation and hope to come back to Houston after the academy

kimsaunders84

Newcomer
Jun 1, 2015
I live in florida. My husband is in the navy on shore duty in charleston and I have a 1 1/2 year old. Its a hard decision to make :( but I guess you have to think about the future.

Mar 25, 2015
Indiana
I hear you. I have a baby girl coming 09FEB2016, I'm taking a couple months off FMLA to spend with my Wife, 3 yr old son, and new baby. It's going to be very hard to leave them behind for 4 months. Luckily, with an April tentative start date, My wife works for a high school and will be off for the summer. I hate the thought of leaving for the 4 months with-out them, but she understands. We have a lot of family local that will be over too. Enroute April 2016.Excited for this wonderful opportunity =)

Jeronamoe

Oct 14, 2011
I hear you. I have a baby girl coming 09FEB2016, I'm taking a couple months off FMLA to spend with my Wife, 3 yr old son, and new baby. It's going to be very hard to leave them behind for 4 months. Luckily, with an April tentative start date, My wife works for a high school and will be off for the summer. I hate the thought of leaving for the 4 months with-out them, but she understands. We have a lot of family local that will be over too. Enroute April 2016.Excited for this wonderful opportunity =)
Same boat as you somewhat. I have a 2 yr old and a 2 month old. granted my 2 month old will be older but my wife is understanding (for now) until i actually have to leave. Gotta do what you gotta do.

AstridAstros

Rookie
Sep 24, 2015
Too early to discuss housing? Maybe I should wait until after Congress settles their budget :)
I'm 28, Female and en route. Looking to see if any other women out there wanting to stay at Kim's. I'm married, no kids, but husband is an airline pilot who will try to overnight in OKC whenever he can, which a roomie would have to be ok with :)
He's an awesome cook.
Just putting the feelers out there!

Merri

Newcomer
Sep 15, 2015
I got a 16 hour drive. If I go the roommate route, he better have a car too haha im not about to have someone asking for rides everyday.

ibreezeby

Jul 7, 2015
Panhandle of florida here! Driving as hell. Apparently 14 hours. Id like to have my car while im there

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk