April 28th Prior Experience Bid

Takeoffclearance

Newcomer
Aug 9, 2017
I received mine the 27th. I was just checking here to see if anyone else received any yet. I work with a guy that's pretty bummed he hasn't heard anything. Did anyone else get one today?

SayAgain3

Trusted Member
Feb 13, 2017
Thanks for all the info on the next steps! Other question, if I complete all the things and get my list, can I postpone moving to be a nice human and give my job time to train a replacement?
On average, when you receive your list and are placed, you will get three dates to choose from ranging from ~45 to ~75 days out. If you need more time then this, you can coordinate a later start date.

dan

Rookie
Dec 4, 2009
Somewhere out there
Well, after more than 8 years of riding the roller coaster ride of awaiting a TOL with the FAA, I took a 2152 spot with the DOD. I started working here the second week of August, I got my TOL from this bid yesterday. I’ll play the game, I’ll see what they offer, but it will have to beat where I’m at right now. This place isn’t half bad.

angrybee

Rookie
May 4, 2016
Thanks for all the info on the next steps! Other question, if I complete all the things and get my list, can I postpone moving to be a nice human and give my job time to train a replacement?
When I got my report date for my facility the first time I was hired HR gave me several start dates and I chose one. I remember her saying if I needed longer I would have to coordinate with the facility I wad going to. So I would guess you will have time. This process is not quick I think from TOL to facility was 4-6 months if I remember correctly. All the people I know who are in the faa now from the most recent bids had the same type of turn around time.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
What kind of experience do you guys have? I got in with just over 52 weeks exp so something isn't adding up..

MikeSierra

Rookie
Apr 28, 2013
KHWD
"What kind of experience do you guys have? I got in with just over 52 weeks exp so something isn't adding up.."

Its just our favorite gov controlled company working in its highest efficiency :)

CoopDaddy

Jun 26, 2015
Washington
Received my TOL on the 27th. I've been waiting since early 2016, so not as long as a lot of you guys. I'm still super happy though. I've been working a really lame office job in the interim, and I'm so grateful to (hopefully) be back in atc.

Curious too see the list of facilities. come oooooon West coast.