April 28th Prior Experience Bid

Kazansky22

Rookie
Jul 25, 2009
I wouldn't count on it, I imagine everyone is on vacation, maybe a few days after new years, I was looking at the FAA placement list for December 2017 and there were a few prior experience spots being taken not sure if it was from our bid or the previous one though.

twinottercmk

Newcomer
Aug 14, 2013
Not that I’ve seen. Just knock it a couple years at the undesirable place and ERR to a place you’d like. Hope that facility will let you go though.
That's one of the reasons I left the agency in the first place. A release date 2 years into the future, no big deal. But then I was told based on staffing at my facility, they could reevaluate at any time and reset the two years.

TangoEcho86

Newcomer
Nov 27, 2017
Received my list today around 1030. 7-9s. About half were in the areas that I had selected on the USAjobs application. My list had 12 facilities on it.

Prior experience bid timeline

Sept 28th - TOL
Sept 29th - TOL submitted
Oct 6th - OF 306 received
Oct 9th - OF 306 submitted
Oct 18th - CIL received
Nov 2nd - medical worksheet received
Nov 14th - UA and Physical complete
Dec 28th - List received

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KG13

Newcomer
Nov 1, 2017
Oregon
Got my list today, just over a week after my medical appointment. My prior experience (none of them are particularly busy facilities):
5 years RAPCON (two facilities)
4 years CTO (two facilities)
one year contract tower

All of my options are up-down facilities. If anyone has any insight into these places, would be awesome if you'd PM me, cause I've never been to any of them, lol

BUF - Level 7
CLE - 8
CRP - 9
DSM - 7
IND - 8
LIT - 8
MDT - 7
MKE - 8
MOB - 8
SAV - 8
SBN - 7
TUL - 8

My rep said they're still waiting on my medical clearance (appt was Dec 11 and maybe 3 days later I had to send in a Lasik check up). So I guess I'll just sit here and watch everyone else get offered the facility I want but probably won't get due to no radar qual.