April 28th Prior Experience Bid

CoopDaddy

Jun 26, 2015
Washington
2-3 months was the estimation just given to me by the doctor who initially reviewed my package.

Long story short, I'll meet with a psychologist, they write a report, report+ all of my other application information is reviewed by FAA psychologist, then I'm either withdrawn or pushed forward. Psychologists only write like 2 or so case reviews a day I guess. Apparently they take a few hours to complete. So that's where the long wait comes in.

Kazansky22

Rookie
Jul 25, 2009
I was a squeaky wheel with medical and finally got an email yesterday. Says he reviewed my file on the 1st of February, and that I didn't clear the MMPI. Now they need military medical records. He also forwarded me to another individual who will apparently help with the tier 2 process.

Kinda bummed about the whole thing, but I had a feeling something was up. What's another half a year right? ;)

I thought my psych cleared back in early November. The lady who administered my test said if I fail, I'd hear back in a couple of weeks. So much for that information...
How did you get into contact with medical?

FoxFX

Newcomer
Feb 6, 2018
For anyone else that got put on the second referral list in November, I just received a TOL today.

SierraLima

Rookie
Mar 20, 2016
Odd situation here folks.

I accepted an enroute TOL in December (OTS Bid). I received a terminal TOL today (Prior Experience Bid). What should I do? The best advice I've gotten so far from a friend is to accept both, hope no one notices, and see what terminal locations are offered (if possible) before I get an enroute class date....

Of course, by posting on here our all powerful government will foil this plan and make me choose. So if I have to choose, which one do I choose and why?

Thanks

FloridaLimaLima

Newcomer
Oct 21, 2017
I received my TOL for the experienced bid prior to the OTS bid. Once I received the OTS TOL I sent in paper work to accept and immediately got a response back on what one I would like to continue with as I could only continue with one. They gave me 3 days to decide or they’d continue me on the most recent TOL. Hope this helps.

FoxtrotLima

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Odd situation here folks.

I accepted an enroute TOL in December (OTS Bid). I received a terminal TOL today (Prior Experience Bid). What should I do? The best advice I've gotten so far from a friend is to accept both, hope no one notices, and see what terminal locations are offered (if possible) before I get an enroute class date....

Of course, by posting on here our all powerful government will foil this plan and make me choose. So if I have to choose, which one do I choose and why?

Thanks
What is your prior experience? That will determine what sort of list if facilities you would get from your prior experience TOL.

Also do you prefer enroute or terminal, only you can make that decision. If you select the OTS TOL you will go to the Academy and risk washing out. I believe you can still to a new prior experience bid if you wash out, however you won't be selected for another OTS bid. At the same point, enroute pay is much higher than most terminal pay.

It all depends what is important to you.

FloridaLimaLima

Newcomer
Oct 21, 2017
Prior experience, when there is 40% pass rate in OKC I am not risking washing out. The OTS was enroute as well. Yeah it’s more pay, but there is way less locations you can be placed at. I rather go somewhere in BFE and transfer when time comes then be stuck in a facility that takes 5 years to qualify and not transfer for half my career.

SierraLima

Rookie
Mar 20, 2016
What is your prior experience? That will determine what sort of list if facilities you would get from your prior experience TOL.

Also do you prefer enroute or terminal, only you can make that decision. If you select the OTS TOL you will go to the Academy and risk washing out. I believe you can still to a new prior experience bid if you wash out, however you won't be selected for another OTS bid. At the same point, enroute pay is much higher than most terminal pay.

It all depends what is important to you.
My prior experience is mostly radar, and think I would rather work enroute. I did pretty well in school on the military side, so I'd like to think I could at least make it out of the academy (probably an apples to oranges comparison I know). I called HR today and they confirmed that "I could still apply" to prior experience bids. How competitive I would be in that situation I don't know. With the exception of Anchorage the locations for enroute don't look terrible. In addition alot of prior experience applicants I know are getting some low level nowhere facilities. As far as the pay goes it seems to me like the simple answer is go big or go home. All you can do is give it your best right? I'm going to sleep on it one more night but I think my mind is made up to keep the enroute OTS TOL. It is an awkward position to be in, so I appreciate the advise.

Thanks

Kazansky22

Rookie
Jul 25, 2009
Well I got word that I failed the MMPI-2 so they told me I'm in a long wait for that... probably another 6-12months, this is getting pretty ridiculous, apply for a position in April of 2017 and not get properly hired until late 2018 or 2019.