April 28th Prior Experience Bid

JayTango

Feb 21, 2016
No Jay, the FAA doesn’t take that into account.
Ahh, okay. I remember when I put in for a prior exp bid a year or two ago they asked you to list your preferences by region. I don’t remember one for the bid that just closed out even asking. Oh well, just gotta get my foot in the door somewhere.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
I had the preference question and got like 25 facilities all across the country when I got hired.

JayTango

Feb 21, 2016
I had the preference question and got like 25 facilities all across the country when I got hired.
yeah, I remember previous years bids asking you to list preferences but the one that closed out on the 26th didn’t. The only question on the questionnaire about preferences was “are you willing to work at any FAA location?” not word for word but along those lines. Oh well, seems like they offer you where they need you and you take it or leave it.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Try and go somewhere you wouldn't mind living for a few years, if not, find one that has good staffing/quick checkout so you can transfer out quicker. Or at least try.

cjbreoany

Newcomer
Mar 17, 2015
Got my list. I’m prior tower only. If I select an Up/Down facility will I have go to the schoolhouse prior to starting the radar portion of my training?

A1T2C3

Rookie
Jun 25, 2015
Got my list. I’m prior tower only. If I select an Up/Down facility will I have go to the schoolhouse prior to starting the radar portion of my training?
I believe you will. I'm in the opposite situation. I've only had radar and I will have to go to a tower class in OKC as far as I know.

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
CJ, I believe it’s at the atm’s discretion. I know of someone who was given the option to go or not. She chose not and certified ahead of some folks, but it’s a risk. You get paid your normal pay plus per diem to attend, why not go and get a better understanding? That’s my opinion anyways.

A1T, I work with a guy who was radar only and he didn’t go to okc for tower class prior to showing up. Might take you a little longer, depending on the type of traffic, but you’ll be fine.

Mikebravo22

Newcomer
Feb 23, 2018
Anyone get a CIL from the second referral list? I got my tol in February and sent in my acceptance the next day, then 5 days later got a confirmation and have just been waiting patiently since.

Jamesn90

Rookie
Dec 18, 2015
Virginia
U90, M03, S56, Y90 in that order. Anyone guess a timeline? My buddy that got his list in Dec said that he received his in 8 days. I'll prob got to RTF from what I've been told.

BravOscar

Rookie
May 2, 2017
U90, M03, S56, Y90 in that order. Anyone guess a timeline? My buddy that got his list in Dec said that he received his in 8 days. I'll prob got to RTF from what I've been told.
My old co-worker is in training at M03 right now and they never sent him to RTF.