April 28th Prior Experience Bid

MrRogrs

Newcomer
Jan 25, 2017
My HR rep let me know they had all my clearances and I was awaiting facility placement at the end of February. No list as of posting this, so it seems there’s plenty of us chillin in the same boat.

Sosac21

Jul 17, 2016
Yeah I wouldn’t sweat the military record stuff, mine was just an incident that happened a long time ago.
That’s a sick as list Goaty, got some friends that work at JAX. That cto from NBC must be the golden ticket!
I live in JAX too but doing LE so watch out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I wouldn’t sweat the military record stuff, mine was just an incident that happened a long time ago.
That’s a sick as list Goaty, got some friends that work at JAX. That cto from NBC must be the golden ticket!
I live in JAX too but doing LE so watch out lol

What do they think of it? I had a friend visit for a tour and he said it's hard to get signed off there.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Current list of facilities being offered:
CRP
LCH
ROW
DAB
BHM
SFO
MYR
MKE
MGM
PRC
SYR
JAN
BFL
RST
FSM
VNY
SGF
TUL
GRB
RIC
JAX
ROA

Mk83

Newcomer
Dec 30, 2017
Current list of facilities being offered:
CRP
LCH
ROW
DAB
BHM
SFO
MYR
MKE
MGM
PRC
SYR
JAN
BFL
RST
FSM
VNY
SGF
TUL
GRB
RIC
JAX
ROA
So this is what was on the lists that went out yesterday? Or this is what will be in the next lists that I HOPE come out in no more than 2 weeks since we somehow missed yesterday?

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
So this is what was on the lists that went out yesterday? Or this is what will be in the next lists that I HOPE come out in no more than 2 weeks since we somehow missed yesterday?
Those are the facilities that are currently "reserved for previous experience" with an offered date of May 8th, 2018.

CoopDaddy

Jun 26, 2015
Washington
Notified tier 2 in early Feb of this year. as of today I still haven't heard anything. Anyone else T2 waiting to hear back?

CoopDaddy

Jun 26, 2015
Washington
Were you notified by mail or email?

I was notified by email, but had to reach out multiple times before someone finally contacted me. This was what he initially sent me.

'I reviewed your exam on Feb 1. Unfortunately, you did not clear the MMPI-2 psychological screening. This isn’t necessarily anything to be concerned about. The MMPI-2 is a screening test. If you pass it, we clear you. If you do not pass, we require a face-to-face psychological evaluation. The most common reason to not pass the MMPI-2 is the applicant is attempting to present themselves in too positive a manner. This results in an invalid score on the MMPI-2. Over 90% of people sent for the second level evaluation pass. However, we do need your military medical records for your Tier 2 evaluation. Ms. ___ can help guide you through the process of completing the Tier 2 evaluation.'

Unfortunately Ms. _____ sent me this message after I waited a couple of weeks and emailed her.

'Hello ____,

Apologies for the delay. Unfortunately, I have no part in the Tier 2 process. I can explain to you a superficial description of how it usually goes, but that is all I’ve got unless the Tier 2 staff requests something specific of me.

As far as military medical records go, this used to be a requirement in your clearance instructions from Aviation Careers. However, that portion of the ATC applicant instructions has been placed on hold for reasons beyond us decided in higher authority. So the process continues without it.

Your name is on a list of many other applicants needing a Tier 2 evaluation. Once the analyst working this program finds a suitable provider in your local area, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment. This provider will submit a detailed evaluation to the FAA. Then an FAA psychologist will review and make a determination on your mental health. This is forwarded on to the FAA flight surgeon working your ATC case who will make the final clearance decision. From what I understand, if everything goes perfectly, this process will add at least 90 days onto your normal clearance processing time. However, I do not have eyes on these particular numbers/timeframes, so unfortunately this is all I can provide as far as clarification on your current status.

I hope this helps clear up some confusion.'

And alas, here I am today.

Sosac21

Jul 17, 2016
Heads up, check with HR about when your drug tests expire. I had to redo mine because it expires before the start date I chose and its holding up my FOL. so it may not hurt to ask and renew them while you're waiting.
What was the time gap?

Kazansky22

Rookie
Jul 25, 2009
Notified tier 2 in early Feb of this year. as of today I still haven't heard anything. Anyone else T2 waiting to hear back?
I am, they told me they are waiting on military medical and personnel records, I told them I've requested them from the VA and NARA multiple times and the Government seems to have lost my records so I'm stuck.

Kazansky22

Rookie
Jul 25, 2009
Got an email two days ago to sign a form to release my military records... I guess it’s good that they’re actually looking at my paperwork still

Who sent you the email to sign the release? I've been waiting months for something like this.

Sosac21

Jul 17, 2016
Who sent you the email to sign the release? I've been waiting months for something like this.
Same person that has been working on my medical clearance since day one

Medical Program Analyst

Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)

Aerospace Medicine Division, ASO-300