April 28th Prior Experience Bid

J_Wee4

Apr 26, 2014
anyone here complete tier 2 yet?? im STILL waiting...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bsestak

Newcomer
Jul 17, 2018
I’m not even tier 2 and still waiting, or atleast haven’t been notified of tier 2. This is my timeline...

2/9 - TOL
4/20 - EODS/Forms
4/25 - CIL
4/26 - Conditional Security Clearance
5/1 - MMPI
5/10 - e-QIP & medexpress
5/24 - Drug test & physical
6/18 - Status Forms for VA disability requested
6/19 - Status Forms Turned in

Still waiting on my medical clearance....trying to stay positive I know people wait much longer than I’ve been waiting but damn the FAA is slow, sucks especially for those that have kids/families to take care of.

Last edited:

HammerHead

Newcomer
Sep 12, 2017
I called HR today and they told me the same, no lists until October 1st. For those still awaiting medical clearance you might have to call to find out if you're done. I didn't get an email or anything but HR told me today that my medical clearance is done when i called. Not sure about FOLs(is that the same thing as a facility list idk?)

dominipino

Mar 27, 2012
Pensacola, FL
I called HR today and they told me the same, no lists until October 1st. For those still awaiting medical clearance you might have to call to find out if you're done. I didn't get an email or anything but HR told me today that my medical clearance is done when i called. Not sure about FOLs(is that the same thing as a facility list idk?)
its two separate things. You’ll get a list first, after you’ve accepted the facility they place you at they’ll issue you an FOL with the start date you selected.

Sosac21

Jul 17, 2016
Well, I just got the dreaded tier 2 email.
Got my TOL in October, so it then 8 months for them to tell me I gotta wait even longer yay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsestak

Newcomer
Jul 17, 2018
Well, I just got the dreaded tier 2 email.
Got my TOL in October, so it then 8 months for them to tell me I gotta wait even longer yay

Are you in Tier 2 due to the MMPI or physical? I’m still waiting on my medical clearance it’s “pending flight surgeon review”. My MMPI was cleared the day after I took it but I’m starting to wonder if I might be in Tier 2 as well. I got my TOL in February...

Last edited:

Sosac21

Jul 17, 2016
Are you in Tier 2 due to the MMPI or physical? I’m still waiting on my medical clearance it’s “pending flight surgeon review”. My MMPI was cleared the day after I took it but I’m starting to wonder if I might be in Tier 2 as well. I got my TOL in February...
MMPI and I was told mine was clear after I took it too. You should hear something soon. They need to finish out our list before they can move on to the latest prior exp bid

Ochawgy

Rookie
May 11, 2016
They've already moved on to the next bid. There are no rules in the FAA HR department.
This is true... sadly. Good for me and those who applied in the 2018 bid... but i shake my head when I see people from the 2017 bid are still waiting for things. Perhaps the "team" handling the 2017 bid aren't as proactive or the same "team" handling the 2018 one? Who knows. Hang in there.

Sosac21

Jul 17, 2016
Sent out my SF-180 4/23/18 jut got an email saying “Center is having problems reading your records request due to the format. If you could resend it to in original PDF format, I will resend it.” Which is not true BUT it took them 3 MONTHS to come up with that... man I think I have hit every bump on the road. I know it’ll be worth it but man

Ochawgy

Rookie
May 11, 2016
Sent out my SF-180 4/23/18 jut got an email saying “Center is having problems reading your records request due to the format. If you could resend it to in original PDF format, I will resend it.” Which is not true BUT it took them 3 MONTHS to come up with that... man I think I have hit every bump on the road. I know it’ll be worth it but man
There are few words that could describe your love for this hiring process. Hang in there Sosac!

Jun 18, 2008
Received my facility list. I'm a little disappointed I was offered only level 5-7. I have 9 towers and two Rapcons. Any recourse I talked to the placement guy he said subject matter people look at your experience and make a judgement based on your experience. Could I have fouled up on the survey monkey? I rember asking in the instructions if you had parralel or intersecting runways but there was no place to select that when filling it out. Maybe that loused me up. I'm on a bus in Greece so sorry if there are gramatical errors. I work dod so not hurting for the money. Any info will be appreciated.

Countrykane87

Rookie
Mar 28, 2018
Received my facility list. I'm a little disappointed I was offered only level 5-7. I have 9 towers and two Rapcons. Any recourse I talked to the placement guy he said subject matter people look at your experience and make a judgement based on your experience. Could I have fouled up on the survey monkey? I rember asking in the instructions if you had parralel or intersecting runways but there was no place to select that when filling it out. Maybe that loused me up. I'm on a bus in Greece so sorry if there are gramatical errors. I work dod so not hurting for the money. Any info will be appreciated.
You mind sharing your list??

smh249

Oct 19, 2013
I've heard last week of September and the third week of September. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

onGUARD

Newcomer
May 16, 2017
If you don't mind, what did you submit as part of the VA disability Status Forms? I submitted the breakdown and percentage they were asking but received another email after that requesting more information.