Article on ATC

Ice_cold656

Epic Member
Jun 12, 2010
Bout to be out this B
Just thinking about it makes me want to pour myself a drink, sit on my porch and die!

Jesus, do I really want that? I think a level 9 tower is perfect. all you people can have your centers with the big pay. I'll take a pay cut in order to enjoy my life.

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati
Once both of you start working traffic and actually get to a facility you'll understand. While some controllers will stay at lower level facilities their whole career, once you actually work live traffic, you realize how great it is and you want to work busier traffic. And the extra 30K a year is a great incentive.

BennyPops

Trusted Contributor
Aug 18, 2010
TX
$30k more per year is huge!

Guess it is, but it says a lot when you see a bunch of new hires "wash out" at those facilities.

I'm probably going to a level 9 and will be applying to a 11-12 at some point I'm sure. I'll probably regret it later, hoping I accidently get assigned an 11 or 12 terminal. Never know, it's the FAA.

Not everyone in 11-12's are miserable, I have a bunch of buddies from the Air Force who are CPC's thats very happy.

Last edited:

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
How come I know retired and current CPC's at 11 and 12's that are happy as clams. Stress is all relative. You need balance in whatever you do. Stress is relative. And that's not just my personal opinion but past controllers and what have you.

irishcarbomb

Epic Member
Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
Irish, ask your ATM to make an exception so I can come work at I90..lol Hell, my boy RZ says he works his azz off there!! I'd love to come there, look like peeps f*cked it up for some of us that have skills.
no shit...you know RZ?

don't get me wrong, we work hard but still...hard to imagine less traffic since its my first facility, i dont know any different

BennyPops

Trusted Contributor
Aug 18, 2010
TX
no shit...you know RZ?

don't get me wrong, we work hard but still...hard to imagine less traffic since its my first facility, i dont know any different

Yeah I know RZ, that's my dude. He's the reason I'm working at my current facility, I owe him an azz whoopin for it too! ..lol

hmmm..

Last edited: