ASAP Questions

forester

Rookie
Oct 9, 2008
Auburn, Washington
After the application process at ASAP, you're basically waiting to hear from employers to see if they want to hire you.

You can also see the status of your application. This is what it reads when I check the status on my application:

"A list of the most qualified applicants has been sent to the office with announcement # ********. Your application was not included at this time. Please continue to check back for status updates."

I see this statement for everyone state in the US. Does this mean no one likes my application or that I just need to wait?

Max Power

Jun 16, 2008
this means you were not selected this round, reapply every month until you get the your name is amongst those message.

A

Ammolite

After the application process at ASAP, you're basically waiting to hear from employers to see if they want to hire you.

You can also see the status of your application. This is what it reads when I check the status on my application:

"A list of the most qualified applicants has been sent to the office with announcement # ********. Your application was not included at this time. Please continue to check back for status updates."

I see this statement for everyone state in the US. Does this mean no one likes my application or that I just need to wait?
What announcement are you referring to, if you don't mind?

forester

Rookie
Oct 9, 2008
Auburn, Washington
Oh wait. I didn't check every single state.

The two states I wanted to work in said this...

"Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # ******. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates."

Alright, so all I have to do is just keep checking back at ASAP to see if I'll get contacted or something?

A

Ammolite

"Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # ******. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates."

Alright, so all I have to do is just keep checking back at ASAP to see if I'll get contacted or something?
Are you OTS/CTI/VRA?

CL4TKoff

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Forester, from your previous posts, I think your a CTI applicant.
That is the message you want to see on your ASAP, now what you have to do is wait until the FAA has the Selection Panel, which hopefully will be held the week of Jan 12th.
From what others have posted about their experience on SM, give the FAA about a week and a half to two weeks to send you an email saying " you have been selected for further consideration for a ******[terminal/enroute] position in duty location ***** "
When they start sending out the emails, the news will be all over SM
Good luck Bro.

forester

Rookie
Oct 9, 2008
Auburn, Washington
I have another quick question guys.

When do I send the FAA my college transcript? I asked someone from the FAA and they said "You just need an official transcript if you are selected for hire."

Well, as you know from this topic I haven't been selected for hire yet. Only my application is being reviewed.

So, I'll need to send the transcript once I get that e-mail?

Also, I don't remember picking the division of ATC I wanted to work in (en route, terminal, tower). Was that in the application process and I just forgot I already pick my division already?

CL4TKoff

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Send your transcript in now, so they have it in your file. That's what I did.
CTI applicants do not get the option to pick if they want terminal or enroute. Only OTS applicants get that privilege.
Yeah, I know, it sucks!!!

However, when offered a position, you can still turn it down and hope that next time around you get the one you want.

Got_Busa

Rookie
Nov 6, 2008
Houston TX

FYI....for those applying on the ASAP account, that is what it says when your name has been selected. That means you will be picked for a job in the state listed with THAT wording....

You should get an email or something within 2-3 weeks AFTER seeing that listed online.... ;)

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com

FYI....for those applying on the ASAP account, that is what it says when your name has been selected. That means you will be picked for a job in the state listed with THAT wording....

You should get an email or something within 2-3 weeks AFTER seeing that listed online.... ;)
I dunno man, u ever see this. mine said what it said above, then a few weeks later it said this:

Referral list FA-AAC-09-16899: Issued on 11/12/2008 for the Throughout Nevada duty location at the AT-AG grade/payband.

* Another candidate has been selected for announcement # AAC-AMH-09-VRA-TR-11227 for which you applied. We appreciate your interest in employment with the Federal Aviation Administration. Please continue to check the website for vacancies of interest to you.
i think it was because i was referred twice on two different announcements to the same state (Nevada). hopefully u don't see that note unless you have already been referred once already to that state.

CL4TKoff

Trusted Member
Oct 8, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Same thing happened to me with the Sept '08 panels.
I saw the first message before the selection panel, and after the panel, I saw the second message.

Got_Busa

Rookie
Nov 6, 2008
Houston TX
I'm guessing it's because you were selected for two adds. I've never seen that, normally they only lock you into one. They could be changing the process but myself and six others since 2007 were all selected and received that message. Within two weeks, we had all received emails for an interview and then later a PEPC date...

It's just like the military the only thing certain is CHANGE....