AT-CTI Students Temporary Summer Hires Announcement

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com
so what exactly are your duties as an intern? do u work in the ATC facility alongside the controllers and watch what they do and try to learn? or do u just work for the manager and do "busy work"...filing, emptying trash, data entry, etc.

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
Well here is the official description below from ASAP; however there are only 40 spaces throughout the USA. Good luck i know alot of people will be applying including me. Plus it’s a pay job and it looks like its pretty good pay including locality pay.

Description :
DUTIES: The successful candidate will work under close supervision in the performance of work in support of traffic flow management functions and receives general instruction as to when and how to accomplish tasks, such as the following: (1) Maintaining National Traffic Management Log (NTML) information, providing a summary of information; Operational Information System (OIS) page information; Enhanced Traffic Management System (ETMS) information and Traffic Management Unit (TMU) flow page in the Integrated Display System (IDS4); (2) Distribution of light strips from flight data regarding satellite departures to the appropriate departure positions; distributes Significant Meteorological Information (SIGMETS) and Airmen's Meteorological Information (AIRMETS), distributes printed Traffic Management Initiatives (TMIs) from flight data to the Traffic Management Unit, distribution of flight reroutes to control room areas; (3) Generates monthly overtime report for controllers; runway utilization reports; (4) Tracks Traffic Management Coordinator (TMC) currency in the TRACON and TOWER, tracks Traffic Management Coordinator (TMC) completion of Computer Based Instruction (CBI) requirements; (5) Daily review of logs for departure stops; (6) Traffic count validation; (7) Performs all administrative requirements to include miscellaneous computer tasks, Traffic Management Unit (TMU) related correspondence.

Other:
Summer AT-CTI Student Eligibility Requrements: (1) All students MUST have a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 grading scale. (2) All students MUST be U.S. Citizens. (3) All students MUST meet the definition of a student (as stated above) as a condition of employment. (4) Salary listed above includes a 23.10% locality payment for the Washington DC Metropolitan area; locality payments will vary - depending on the geographic location. (5) All students MUST be in good academic standing. (4) All students MUST provide a current copy of their "UNOFFICIAL" or "OFFICIAL" transcript (ONLY upon request), once a TENTATIVE JOB OFFER HAS BEEN SENT BY THE FAA Human Resource Management Personnel Office.

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
EFF!! I will be in Radar over the summer from 8-Noon 5 days a week. Even if I was lucky enough to be picked, I don't see how I could swing it....crap.

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
I remember this from last summer also. I didnt apply because the salary was like something around 9 dolllars an hour. I was making more at the time of that announcement. 9 dollars LOL.

Davo

Trusted Contributor
Mar 14, 2009
I remember this from last summer also. I didnt apply because the salary was like something around 9 dolllars an hour. I was making more at the time of that announcement. 9 dollars LOL.
If it gets you in the door and your name known who cares what the pay is. If I didn't have other obligations I would do it in a heartbeat for free if I could afford to. I am sure it will help them remember your name when it comes time to select hires for the facility.

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
If it gets you in the door and your name known who cares what the pay is. If I didn't have other obligations I would do it in a heartbeat for free if I could afford to. I am sure it will help them remember your name when it comes time to select hires for the facility.
Or they can see how big of an oaf you are (generally speaking) and pray for summer to end. :lol:

eagetal96

Feb 9, 2009
Says the CTI guy with a feret as his avatar. ;)
The ferret is a domestic mammal of the type Mustela putorius furo. Ferrets are sexually dimorphic predators with males being substantially larger than females. They typically have brown, black, white, or mixed fur, have an average length of approximately 20 inches (51 cm) including a 5 inch (13 cm) tail,[1] weigh about 1.5?4 pounds (0.7?2 kg), and have a natural lifespan of 7 to 10 years.[

blakeh

Trusted Member
Feb 8, 2009
SLN
hello,

I am a CTI student at Aims Community College. I actually just finshing applying for the internship that everyone is talking about. I think its going to be a good experience. At the very least ill be doing something and hopefully learning. Especially since theres no ATC summer classes at my school and kind slows the process down alot!!

I was wondering if you guys knew anymore than was on the posting of the job. Like when people would be starting and such. Im kinda curious because if they do there hiring at the FAA rate people wont actually be getting hired for the summer till like after the summer....lol... anyone else see the problem?? lol Do they know summer starts in like a 5 weeks?? Im kinda wondering if there gonna do like turbo hiring (rest of the world, normal, hiring rate) for this summer internship.

You guys know what i mean??

DeuceKV

Nov 18, 2008
Kentucky
hello,

I am a CTI student at Aims Community College. I actually just finshing applying for the internship that everyone is talking about. I think its going to be a good experience. At the very least ill be doing something and hopefully learning. Especially since theres no ATC summer classes at my school and kind slows the process down alot!!

I was wondering if you guys knew anymore than was on the posting of the job. Like when people would be starting and such. Im kinda curious because if they do there hiring at the FAA rate people wont actually be getting hired for the summer till like after the summer....lol... anyone else see the problem?? lol Do they know summer starts in like a 5 weeks?? Im kinda wondering if there gonna do like turbo hiring (rest of the world, normal, hiring rate) for this summer internship.

You guys know what i mean??
Well first of all, welcome to stuckmic.

I don't know exactly how it works, maybe someone on here has done it and can tell you about it. However, it is a clerical job and you won't need to through the same process as air traffic controllers. You won't need a medical or a security clearance that takes 6-9 months to obtain. It is a CTI student program and I'm sure they have you ready to work for the summer.

Best of luck, only 40 vacancies in the United States.

photostarr

Aug 30, 2008
The ferret is a domestic mammal of the type Mustela putorius furo. Ferrets are sexually dimorphic predators with males being substantially larger than females. They typically have brown, black, white, or mixed fur, have an average length of approximately 20 inches (51 cm) including a 5 inch (13 cm) tail,[1] weigh about 1.5?4 pounds (0.7?2 kg), and have a natural lifespan of 7 to 10 years.[
Somebody is having too much fun with their dictionary... I'm shocked at your lack of siting. Plagiarism is a serious offense. Stuckmic.com requires your bibliography to be in MLA format. You'll be marked off 10 points for that blunder. :rotf:

jdogg72

Newcomer
Dec 28, 2008
just wanted to let everyone know that I did this internship last summer and it was a great experience. If anyone has any specific questions let me know or PM me.

blakeh

Trusted Member
Feb 8, 2009
SLN
Anyone else besides jdog who have done this internship and would like to tell about their experience???

blakeh

Trusted Member
Feb 8, 2009
SLN
hey everyone,

Does anyone know why this internship on asap says vacancy cancelled on my asap page?

blakeh

Trusted Member
Feb 8, 2009
SLN
because its been cancelled
lol. I figured someone would say that...but, i figure its my fault. I opend the door for that.

Im wondering if anyone knows why it was cancelled?