AT-SA Testing Location and Dates - Spoiler, Its Not 8 Hours Long.

Jabberfest

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Love living in Manhattan. 3 testing centers within 5 miles and the earliest I can start is Nov7. PS. I don't know what ou guys are talking about. I LOVED letter factory!!!
Haha, I was wondering if I was the only person who liked Letter Factory. Never knew the answers to any of the questions, but the game itself was fun. Kind of sad it won't be on the new test lol.

jcm1987

Newcomer
Nov 1, 2016
I had to fly from WA to CT to take mine. Decide if this career is worth it to you and make it happen.
Hate to say it but I just scheduled mine at the Federal Way location. Sucks they have a location in Spokane which would be fantastic but they don't offer the ATSA.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AvInErDgUrL

Dec 5, 2013
Well I did have some pretty good reasoning. This isn't an faa proctor offering the test at something like a hotel. Psi is a company hired by the FAA that does a lot of government testing. We will probably be taking our tests next to pilots taking their commercial instrument exams and the likes.

I just called my testing center. They only have one room and a private room for special accommodations. I then asked if the 9 am people would be able to stay past the 130 starting time and she said timing offered ample time to complete the test. So i'm max positivity we're looking at less than a 5 hour test.
It clearly says the test is 240 mins if you read all the information when you schedule it.

AviatorATC

Oct 12, 2011
TX
My nearest testing location seems to have dates in November.

I'm taking it as soon as possible, seniority can't hurt!
In this case, seniority can most definitely hurt. You gain nothing as far as actual seniority in the FAA and you get to be the guinea pig in a brand new test. Good luck.

kkolberga

May 23, 2012
My nearest testing location seems to have dates in November.

I'm taking it as soon as possible, seniority can't hurt!

Taking ATSA before others has no say in seniority. If it's like before, your results won't be released till everyone has finished testing and when you took the test really doesn't matter. You can be the first to take the test but you might be the last person to get a TOL.

bceltics933

Aug 9, 2016
In this case, seniority can most definitely hurt. You gain nothing as far as actual seniority in the FAA and you get to be the guinea pig in a brand new test. Good luck.
Well, it's not like they're going to completely redesign the test between when I take it and when the last person in this bid takes it. Plus, I'm not telling you guys the answers anyway ;)

bayoumudd92

Oct 25, 2016
Stockton, CA
Did anyone else notice that there were links set up on the scheduling page that would let you study for the ATSA but none of them work yet? Hopefully by the time we all start taking the test we will get something to help us keep our minds and not go in completely blind lol.
I just called and they confirmed there is no practice material to study. I also asked if he knew how many people were signed up to take the test and he said "oh we don't know that" :(

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
First things first, this is a new test that is similar to the ATSAT but not the same. There are no study guides so please stop asking. Practice doing mental math is the best advice that I can give.

Second, IF you pass the ATSA you probably won't find out until Jan at the earliest. No results will be released until everyone has tested. Factor in the holidays and it'll be Jan before you know it.

Timeline for after the ATSA:
Jan-ish notification of passing (no scores given)

PTOLs will be distributed... Everyone who is moving along will be split into 3-5 groups, and also into enroute or terminal (no you can't switch). You will be given a PROJECTED class date. Very tentative.

The group with the first projected class date will begin their medical, background, drug test, and psych test. (They don't interview anymore). If you have any hiccups, just go ahead and add six months to your timeline.

When the first group is finishing up, the second group will begin their paperwork.

After completing your paperwork wait, wait, and wait some more. It is literally like one flight surgeon that reviews everything and will take a long time.

Eventually you will get a class date... I am guessing summer 2017 at the earliest.

mrobs15

Trusted Contributor
Dec 11, 2012
Orange County, CA
First things first, this is a new test that is similar to the ATSAT but not the same. There are no study guides so please stop asking. Practice doing mental math is the best advice that I can give.

Second, IF you pass the ATSA you probably won't find out until Jan at the earliest. No results will be released until everyone has tested. Factor in the holidays and it'll be Jan before you know it.

Timeline for after the ATSA:
Jan-ish notification of passing (no scores given)

PTOLs will be distributed... Everyone who is moving along will be split into 3-5 groups, and also into enroute or terminal (no you can't switch). You will be given a PROJECTED class date. Very tentative.

The group with the first projected class date will begin their medical, background, drug test, and psych test. (They don't interview anymore). If you have any hiccups, just go ahead and add six months to your timeline.

When the first group is finishing up, the second group will begin their paperwork.

After completing your paperwork wait, wait, and wait some more. It is literally like one flight surgeon that reviews everything and will take a long time.

Eventually you will get a class date... I am guessing summer 2017 at the earliest.
I feel Like I've seen this post somewhere..

archer

Jan 8, 2016
Thankfully my closest testing location (36 miles away) is now showing multiple testing times while yesterday it said there was nothing available. I was really dreading having to take a day off of work to drive 250+ miles to take it. Taking my test on veterans days.