AT-SAT Study Guide Now Available

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
For those who've missed the post in the ATC Information forum, the free AT-SAT Study Guide is now available to anyone who's registered as a user. You can download it here. The guide is mainly a practice test; if you're interested in more of a narrative and advice on what to expect, check out What to Expect From the AT-SAT. Careful, the author just kind of drones on.

Feedback on either is welcome. We may expand it in the future (and we have some other innovations up our sleeves), but we wanted to make what was ready available for the PUBNAT8 folks who'll be testing in the near future.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

MeinNC

Aug 20, 2009
Coastal
Excellent study guide!

I see not too many folks have commented- not sure if they just aren't paying attention or what, but if that's the case, it's their loss!

mikeyschrader

Rookie
Sep 9, 2009
Thanks so much for the extra help...I have the green study guide and have studied it to death, so this extra practice is great. Thanks again!

jholw311

Trusted Contributor
May 27, 2009
PARKER, COLORADO
Thanks ...this is a great resource.. I feel as though I have everthing down except letter factory at this point..does anyone know of any good resources to study that aspect of the exam..thanks in advance

irishcarbomb

Epic Member
Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
Thanks ...this is a great resource.. I feel as though I have everthing down except letter factory at this point..does anyone know of any good resources to study that aspect of the exam..thanks in advance
you get soooo much practice that its not really a big deal at all...they practically spoon feed it to you

JMelch

Rookie
Aug 18, 2009
how many of the answers are wrong on the math part? I've found a couple so far.... I'm not ganna say which ones cause I want to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing...

irishcarbomb

Epic Member
Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
how many of the answers are wrong on the math part? I've found a couple so far.... I'm not ganna say which ones cause I want to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing...
send me a PM...ill take a look

edit:

no errors found

Last edited:

pokey

Newcomer
Sep 16, 2009
Ca
I was told today that there is no reason to re-take the at-sat test if you scored well qualified. Selection panels do not see actual scores they just see which category (qualified, well qualified) you fall in to.

Is this true?

Jedafo8

Newcomer
Jun 22, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I was told today that there is no reason to re-take the at-sat test if you scored well qualified. Selection panels do not see actual scores they just see which category (qualified, well qualified) you fall in to.

Is this true?
I've heard both sides of the story. I've seen on here that everyone is under the impression from their source that they only see WQ or Q, but my dad works out at ZME and he said he was under the impression that it wasn't that way. He basically said that the highest test scores are the ones called for an interview.

Like I said though, I've heard it both ways and you can only hope for the things read on these forums to spark your curiosity lol

pokey

Newcomer
Sep 16, 2009
Ca
Yeah, it would be hard to believe someone scoring an 85 would have just as good of a shot getting selected over someone scoring 100. She (aviation careers division lady answering phone) also told me if you chose to re-take and get a lower score it would replace the higher one. I was less confused before I called them.

irishcarbomb

Epic Member
Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
Yeah, it would be hard to believe someone scoring an 85 would have just as good of a shot getting selected over someone scoring 100. She (aviation careers division lady answering phone) also told me if you chose to re-take and get a lower score it would replace the higher one. I was less confused before I called them.
that is correct...if you elect to re-take it after the 1yr mark, then whatever you get replaces your first score...no matter what

MIAbound

Rookie
Jan 30, 2009
A couple questions on the study guide first off with the letter factory whats the quality control calls what is the proper use of it? if I remember correctly from taking this test once before isn't the ratio of fast items appear slower in actual ATSAT?

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
I've heard both sides of the story. I've seen on here that everyone is under the impression from their source that they only see WQ or Q, but my dad works out at ZME and he said he was under the impression that it wasn't that way. He basically said that the highest test scores are the ones called for an interview.

Like I said though, I've heard it both ways and you can only hope for the things read on these forums to spark your curiosity lol
There has been several people post on here saying that it's grouped by Q or WQ and they don't see the score. Other people have said that it is grouped like that and they do see the score. Others have said that apps are looked at in order of AT-SAT score.

No one knows for sure. Unless you actually go off to one of the panels we'll never know.

irishcarbomb

Epic Member
Dec 3, 2008
Houston, TX
A couple questions on the study guide first off with the letter factory whats the quality control calls what is the proper use of it? if I remember correctly from taking this test once before isn't the ratio of fast items appear slower in actual ATSAT?
not sure what any of that means but i think you're asking what quality control is used for in "Letter Factory"...

when a letter other than abcd appears on a belt, you must call QC before it crosses the availability line