Atlanta Center - ZTL

KevH

Feb 21, 2014
Maybe. Went through a military course with a supe from there a couple years back. He said they basically don't wash anyone out, but I can't recall if he was just talking about his area or all of ZTL.

Jax

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2010
N90-EWR
ZTL isn't well staffed by any means. So your info isn't reliable. I think they're around 86ish%.

They're also the busiest facility in the world, so I'm sure they'd prioritize them over most anybody else.
Busiest center...maybe, most complex? Probably not even near the top 5, though I'm not going to get into a numbers, or complexity debate. What I'm pretty sure is that they're not at the critical staffing levels other places are, or as hard to staff, so that "prioritize them over most anybody else" comment is way off. C90, N90, ZNY, ZOA, and hell, even A80 right there in Atlanta are definitely prioritized ahead of ZTL.

RobertB

Senior Analyst
Aug 18, 2008
Busiest center...maybe, most complex? Probably not even near the top 5, though I'm not going to get into a numbers, or complexity debate. What I'm pretty sure is that they're not at the critical staffing levels other places are, or as hard to staff, so that "prioritize them over most anybody else" comment is way off. C90, N90, ZNY, ZOA, and hell, even A80 right there in Atlanta are definitely prioritized ahead of ZTL.
Where are you guys at in regards to staffing now at N90? We just bid 57 CPCs out of our target of 102.

MTCTIGUY

Trusted Contributor
Jun 19, 2008
The 'Boro
Keep that ERR in boyo... whole bunch of people about to leave.
Going to the August 8th enroute class with a projected graduation of December 7th. Assuming all goes well, I'd really like to go to ZTL if it's on the list.

How is staffing looking right now?

SayAgain3

Trusted Member
Feb 13, 2017
Going to the August 8th enroute class with a projected graduation of December 7th. Assuming all goes well, I'd really like to go to ZTL if it's on the list.

How is staffing looking right now?
They just picked up 16 people on the past NCEPT bid which filled the next 16 available slots for ZTL on the Enroute Placement list. The odds aren't great of getting there out of the academy in the near future.

MTCTIGUY

Trusted Contributor
Jun 19, 2008
The 'Boro
They just picked up 16 people on the past NCEPT bid which filled the next 16 available slots for ZTL on the Enroute Placement list. The odds aren't great of getting there out of the academy in the near future.
Well, I'll just be glad to pass the academy and get to go somewhere. If it's gotta be New York or Oakland, so be it. Pretty sure I'd even do Guam if that was my only option.