Atlanta PEPC School Date

jsATC

Rookie
Mar 6, 2009
Just wanted to post and see if anybody else has gotten anything. I went to the Atlanta PEPC back in August and just found out my school date today. I got a May 2010 Oklahoma date. Has anybody else from the Atlnata PEPC gotten anything?

ATCtower

Epic Member
Oct 26, 2008
Just wanted to post and see if anybody else has gotten anything. I went to the Atlanta PEPC back in August and just found out my school date today. I got a May 2010 Oklahoma date. Has anybody else from the Atlnata PEPC gotten anything?
Where are you headed?

JAD1033

Newcomer
Sep 16, 2008
Washington DC
Thats what I thought too when she first told me the date but everyone I have known has started on either a friday or wednesday....I know its strange but....im not complaining

jsATC

Rookie
Mar 6, 2009
I don't know why mine is so far away but it is what it is. I was told it was because of the faciltiy I am going to, DTW. She told me it all depends on that, your facility. Something is better than nothing I guess and I am still happy, well see how I feel in another month or so though.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
I don't know why mine is so far away but it is what it is. I was told it was because of the faciltiy I am going to, DTW. She told me it all depends on that, your facility. Something is better than nothing I guess and I am still happy, well see how I feel in another month or so though.
Congrats on the date, however insanely far away it is. Sucks that it is so far away, but I don't think I'd mind waiting so much so long as I had a date.

bairdcf2

Newcomer
Jun 8, 2009
just talked to Mickey Griffin, new hr rep, told me someone backed out of monday's class and offered me the spot, heading that way this weekend

ATC2Fly

Rookie
May 21, 2009
Houston
just talked to Mickey Griffin, new hr rep, told me someone backed out of monday's class and offered me the spot, heading that way this weekend
Can someone else back out :banghead: Man I'm soo jealous of you people getting last minute classes..... I fantasize about getting a last minute call......:smoking:

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
Can someone else back out :banghead: Man I'm soo jealous of you people getting last minute classes..... I fantasize about getting a last minute call......:smoking:
It's kind of the opposite of this entire process. You wait for months in between each step. then one day you get a call that basically tells you to be on a plane tomorrow.

Q400

Newcomer
Oct 15, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I was at the ATL PEPC on the Aug 4th and was told my class date is Dec 31.... I guess the FAA doesn't celebrate new years :(