ATO Y2020 Schedule

pmurtagh

Newcomer
Feb 19, 2019
Stony Brook, NY
Hey all,

So I'm curious if anyone experienced this.

I emailed my HR rep about a status update on my application for the N90 specific bid that was announced back in June 2018. I told her I received my TOL in October, and was told all my clearances where cleared in the middle of January. She emails me back, and says she is able to reserve a spot for me in the Sept. 4th class at OKC. So of course, I'm pumped and confirm for the reservation. However, a few hours later I get an email saying she was mistaken and the class is already filled (which I understand, due to the shutdown and backlog). She mentioned that they are waiting on ATO to provide class schedules for Y2020, and I was curious if this happened to anyone else?

maniello

Newcomer
Mar 8, 2019
I was originally offered a 8/8/2019 class date in December for the N90 bid, but with the shutdown everything got messed up. On 2/1 I was told, once ATO settles class dates, I'd hear back on my updated class date. Is it really backlogged all the way until 2020 now?

JDell725

Newcomer
Jan 23, 2018
I was originally offered a 8/8/2019 class date in December for the N90 bid, but with the shutdown everything got messed up. On 2/1 I was told, once ATO settles class dates, I'd hear back on my updated class date. Is it really backlogged all the way until 2020 now?
Yes. Same thing happened to me. Because I have prior experience they’re direct placing me to a facility instead of waiting for the new N90 class dates.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
FY 2020 starts in October.

pmurtagh

Newcomer
Feb 19, 2019
Stony Brook, NY
Do you know what facility? Also, do you think they’d place those who are waiting for N90 bid into other facilities so they don’t have to wait so long?

randoturbo33

Rookie
Sep 19, 2017
Do you know what facility? Also, do you think they’d place those who are waiting for N90 bid into other facilities so they don’t have to wait so long?
It's currently being explored, but it doesn't seem likely at this point - the FAA had to jump through several legal hoops to be allowed to open a N90-specific bid, and one of the main concessions was that people picked up on that bid can only be sent there. In fact, there's even talk that someone who isn't able to successfully CPC at N90 won't be allowed to transfer to another facility and will simply be let go, even if they've successfully certified on several positions. In all likelihood it'll be at least a year or two before the first hires from that bid start training at N90, but this is uncharted territory so there's really no telling what they'll decide to do.

And speaking of the "long wait" - area-specific classes at N90 are currently backed up by a year or more, meaning even if you graduated the academy tomorrow, you're likely looking at a minimum of 15-18 months at AG pay (currently 55k) before even getting a chance to start certifying.