Atsa

KStoves

Aug 22, 2011
I am seeing people post about the "Atsa" test.

What is this test and how similar is it to the At-Sat test that was in use 3 years ago? I took the At-Sat back in CTI school and got a 98% on it... the one that involved letter factory, simulated radar, personality test, etc.

Once they changed the hiring process I zoned out and stopped caring about ATC. Now that they are somewhat validating CTI school again I'm trying to catch up on 3 years of changes. I know i'm not the only one so any info is appreciated.

Wheel

Newcomer
Jul 9, 2015
Don't worry about it too much, you cannot really study for it just get familiar with the mechanics of the games. I took it july 2015

rdyotz

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2014
Arizona
Don't worry about it too much, you cannot really study for it just get familiar with the mechanics of the games. I took it july 2015
You probably took the AT-SAT in July 2015. The AT-SA replaces the AT-SAT as of this 2016 bid. No one is 100% sure what will be on it.

CTI-LUVR

Aug 23, 2016
Tempe, AZ
You probably took the AT-SAT in July 2015. The AT-SA replaces the AT-SAT as of this 2016 bid. No one is 100% sure what will be on it.
I have taken the AT-SAT twice in the past and received "well qualified". This was BEFORE I even attended my CTI school and became a lab rat in our sims. I'm sure i'll do just fine on the ATSA.

jokat989

Rookie
Feb 4, 2013
If the new test is anything like the "experimental test" people were taking at the academy the first half of this year, everyone is going to get an ass kicking

jmanley20

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2015
In the Slot
If the new test is anything like the "experimental test" people were taking at the academy the first half of this year, everyone is going to get an ass kicking
I cant wait for the multitude posts on here of "Oh man I bombed the living hell out of that one"

Thank God I have a TOL

jmanley20

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2015
In the Slot
For those of you that don't know....

The AT-SAT stood for "Air Traffic Selection and Training"

The AT-SA stands for "Air Traffic Selection Assessment"

Maybe that will help with your Googling endeavors....

THE MORE YOU KNOW!

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
AT-SAT was pass/fail starting 2 years ago.

the AT-SA WILL be pass/fail... no grade given.
How are they going to weed 10,000 AT-SA's with no grades? Last time around it was like everyone got hired, but it seems like there are many more this time.

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
How are they going to weed 10,000 AT-SA's with no grades? Last time around it was like everyone got hired, but it seems like there are many more this time.
Maybe they will weed out people before the test somehow. 10k is an unrealistic number, isn't there a $ amount to the cost of these tests?

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
Maybe they will weed out people before the test somehow. 10k is an unrealistic number, isn't there a $ amount to the cost of these tests?
If they can get the freaking test on the computers at the FSDOs there would be a negligible cost to administer it. Or is that too challenging for them?

jmanley20

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2015
In the Slot
I remember you from the last bid, did you ever make it though ?
I still have my TOL but I am still medically DQ'd ... once I finish my neuropsych/cognitive rehab and retake the testing I will be good to go and get an FOL.

Everything else is good to go thankfully.

SuntanMan

Nov 12, 2015
So does that mean you were disqualified on the tier 2? If so what was the reason ?

Sorry to hear that. I'm still waiting on my tier 2 results

jmanley20

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2015
In the Slot
So does that mean you were disqualified on the tier 2? If so what was the reason ?

Sorry to hear that. I'm still waiting on my tier 2 results
Negative i passed MMPI-2... this has to deal with hockey concussions and low performance on COGSCREEN not personality disorder