ATSA

jessrodriguez559

Newcomer
May 10, 2016
Is there anything else to else that I can use besides ATCprep.com that will help give me a more realistic version of the ATSA ? Specifically something harder on the Flight Simulator / Math problems.. I took the ATSA last year and this was the most challenging part for me since the ATCPREP on difficult still wasn't as hard as the actual test. Also anyone know of any websites that I can use that's similar to the word problems and personality test? TIA

Reactions: Eric Shaw

Eric Shaw

Newcomer
Aug 27, 2019
Is there anything else to else that I can use besides ATCprep.com that will help give me a more realistic version of the ATSA ? Specifically something harder on the Flight Simulator / Math problems.. I took the ATSA last year and this was the most challenging part for me since the ATCPREP on difficult still wasn't as hard as the actual test. Also anyone know of any websites that I can use that's similar to the word problems and personality test? TIA
It's funny, I wanted to say that jobtestprep don't offer an ATC simulation game practice, but I just received an email from them that they just uploaded a new beta version of the ATC simulator. It looks very raw, but it works pretty well.

zelipr16

Newcomer
Jun 3, 2020
hey everyone. I'm taking the test tomorrow in queens at the atlas shops. If anyone is from the NYC area and is taking the test there and needs someone to talk about the exam afterwards, let me know. Also, I have been using jobtestprep for the last month or so for practice and studying. It really does help.

shawngorey

Newcomer
Sep 11, 2019
On Friday, May 29th, 2 other testees and I had our tests crash on us TWICE during our ATSA test session with PSI for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Air Traffic Selection Assessment (ATSA) Test.
It was a runtime error that occurred for us all at the same time. It was after the memory and pattern sections. It was JUST as the orientation/perspective section loaded. The map would come up when it was still displaying the instructions/examples before the actual testing began. THATS when it crashed for all of us, both times each.
So not only were we unable to complete the sections after taking the sections leading up to this twice, but there is a good possibility that none of our progress was recorded.
I also received a 505 gateway error on the 2nd half of the exam after completion of one of the personality or reading comprehension sections but the proctor was able to bring me back in with my session ID.
Either way, this was terrible and the fact that these machines are running Windows 95 doesn't help.
I have been in contact daily with USAJobs.gov, and PSI. PSI has given me the option to retake that exam, HOWEVER, when trying to schedule a new test date, there are simply no test dates available. There aren't anymore. I've also reached out to the FAA.
Again, this wasn't just me, it happened to 2 other applicants. It wasn't something we did. This is beyond acceptable. What can we do?

zelipr16

Newcomer
Jun 3, 2020
I got mine today as pool 2 best qualified. Honestly shocked about it because I didn’t feel too confident walking out the ATSA

Reactions: Geeography

qsy

Newcomer
Jul 11, 2020
I got mine today as pool 2 best qualified. Honestly shocked about it because I didn’t feel too confident walking out the ATSA
where do you guys get to see the status? i can see that i am referred that is it. do you guys get it by mail or email for the best qualified part?

Geeography

Newcomer
Jun 30, 2020
I felt the same way. Have you gotten any update since then? Do you know how long this next step might take?

Geeography

Newcomer
Jun 30, 2020
where do you guys get to see the status? i can see that i am referred that is it. do you guys get it by mail or email for the best qualified part?
Log in to your usajobs account and find the application. Click on the referred section and it will open up a screen with your info.

qsy

Newcomer
Jul 11, 2020
I felt the same way. Have you gotten any update since then? Do you know how long this next step might take?
Thanks. FAA website " If you are selected by the ATO, Aviation Careers will contact you by email with a tentative offer letter to start the hiring process. If you are not selected, your application status in USAJOBS will be changed to "Not Selected." Status updates will not occur until the referral lists are closed out, which may be up to 180 days."

it is a long process. Do you know when is the next bid? i might take the ATSA again if i do not hear anything.

Last edited: