ATSAT Questions?

bkaviator32

Newcomer
May 19, 2012
1). Is the test sections still the same as I took test back in 2011?

2). How long after the ATSAT do you receive your scores?

Thanks

Isenthalpic

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2015
1) Supposedly no personality test at the end; now replaced with the MMPI-2 taken after you receive your TOL.

2) It's pass/fail, no scores given. We'll probably find out when they send out the TOLs in 2 to 3 months from now (my best guess). I have no doubt that people will call every day to see if they passed, and they will post here when they find out.

ATCWAI

Jan 21, 2015
^ They don't send out scores via US Mail one to three weeks after testing has concluded nationally anymore?

VikAnis

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2013
N. Cali
I took the ATSAT in 2013 but I can't remember if we were allowed to skip some of the math questions (i.e. the hard ones) and do them last. Anyone know for sure?

Jabberfest

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I took the ATSAT in 2013 but I can't remember if we were allowed to skip some of the math questions (i.e. the hard ones) and do them last. Anyone know for sure?
I have never taken the ATSAT but I've read from more than one person here on the forum that they were able to skip questions and return to them. I sure hope that's the case lol.

flying-high-4ATC

Jul 6, 2014
Iowa
so your telling me after we take the test we get no notification of pass/fail for months?
Feb '14 bid - most of us took the ATSAT in Apr/May and it was 4-6 weeks after the last person took the test that you were either referred or not. There were no scores provided. First TOLs from that bid were late June, early July with PTOLs provided after that.......

VikAnis

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2013
N. Cali
Feb '14 bid - most of us took the ATSAT in Apr/May and it was 4-6 weeks after the last person took the test that you were either referred or not. There were no scores provided. First TOLs from that bid were late June, early July with PTOLs provided after that.......
Thanks.

JMS0812

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
California
How was it? any advice you recommend?

I took it on tuesday. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS... lol. Sounds silly but I heard people made errors cuz they didn't follow instructions. Also, practice anywhere you can, and the night before, just relax. I made sure I got a good nights rest, and ate a good breakfast, plus took snacks... Always stick with your first answers, and don't stress. You don't want to over think it. :) good luck!

VikAnis

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2013
N. Cali
I took it on tuesday. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS... lol. Sounds silly but I heard people made errors cuz they didn't follow instructions. Also, practice anywhere you can, and the night before, just relax. I made sure I got a good nights rest, and ate a good breakfast, plus took snacks... Always stick with your first answers, and don't stress. You don't want to over think it. :) good luck!
^^^This. Read the instructions carefully. I had a friend who did not click on new aircraft (accept handoff) in the ATC scenarios back in 2013 and it affected his score quite a bit. He didn't read the instructions carefully.

AviatorATC

Oct 12, 2011
TX
^^^This. Read the instructions carefully. I had a friend who did not click on new aircraft (accept handoff) in the ATC scenarios back in 2013 and it affected his score quite a bit. He didn't read the instructions carefully.

Although it does take in to account how long it takes you to accept a handoff, I would advise anyone to not just go accepting them as soon as you see them. There were multiple occasions that I had to wait a few seconds before accepting them because they popped up right next to another aircraft at the same altitude. The aircrafts do not move until you accept them so just wait until the coast is clear. Im sure the delay counts much less than a midair.

JMS0812

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
California
What they both said! lol. I waited accepting cuz I figured a delayed hand off was better than a collision... Also, they'll have practice tests you can do before the actual test, so you understand it... Use those as much as you can. The hardest part for me was the analogies... And the letter factory questions.