ATSAT Questions?

JMS0812

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
California
It's single ranges.... VERY FAST, and you only push the last two numbers of the "plane". Someone was saying theirs didn't work cuz they couldn't push the letters and that's how they practiced somewhere? Not sure, but I practiced with only two numbers.. It does change the ranges quickly tho, and you can have anywhere from 2 to 20 "planes" you have to look through.

EMG1989

Newcomer
Jun 6, 2015
Fast is fine. I'm using ATC prep and on hard they give you 2 ranges at a time, and nearly 20 planes. Its extremely difficult. But I suppose if I can score half way decent on that, then the one on the ATSAT should be fine

JMS0812

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
California
Fast is fine. I'm using ATC prep and on hard they give you 2 ranges at a time, and nearly 20 planes. Its extremely difficult. But I suppose if I can score half way decent on that, then the one on the ATSAT should be fine
if you're preaching ATC prep on all hards, you'll definitely be fine... Just don't worry about ATCprep's math. All the triangles and what not are virtually useless.

mikegriggs24

Newcomer
Jun 4, 2015
I took the AT-SAT today, I scored between 55%-67% on the effiecnecy scores and I landed/exit majorirty of the planes. Did anybody else have that problem?

VikAnis

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2013
N. Cali
Hey, will we be allowed to use the restroom as we please or is it ONLY during the breaks? I took it in 2013 and we were allowed to use the restroom in between test runs.

JMS0812

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
California
Hey, will we be allowed to use the restroom as we please or is it ONLY during the breaks? I took it in 2013 and we were allowed to use the restroom in between test runs.
you can take whatever breaks/lunch you want. You have an hour and fifteen min total. They even tally the time for you, so you don't have to worry about writing in the times, but still keep track so you don't go over, as you'll fail if you take a minute over the hour and fifteen total time.

Mikegriggs24, I averaged mid to high 60's on mine. I didn't land ALL of the planes at the end, but I know a couple times I got too close to other planes, or I wasn't effecient in accepting hand offs/ or having the best routes for the planes, etc. I think it's small things like that that affected it. I wouldn't worry too much about it tho. I've read of people crashing several planes and still got high scores!

VikAnis

Trusted Member
Apr 23, 2013
N. Cali
you can take whatever breaks/lunch you want. You have an hour and fifteen min total. They even tally the time for you, so you don't have to worry about writing in the times, but still keep track so you don't go over, as you'll fail if you take a minute over the hour and fifteen total time.
So it's 1hr and 15min total for bathroom runs, breaks, or lunch, right? Another words, if I take a 30 min lunch I only have 45 min for bathroom runs or breaks? When I took it in 2013, we had an hr lunch, two 15min breaks and unlimited bathroom runs. But they kept track of when you left and came back. Just want to be sure I read that correctly.

JMS0812

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
California
So it's 1hr and 15min total for bathroom runs, breaks, or lunch, right? Another words, if I take a 30 min lunch I only have 45 min for bathroom runs or breaks? When I took it in 2013, we had an hr lunch, two 15min breaks and unlimited bathroom runs. But they kept track of when you left and came back. Just want to be sure I read that correctly.

Yes, that's correct. I took one fifteen min break and about a 35 min lunch. I was still done by about 1:30, and started at 9:10. The test computer also tells you when you "should" break.

neverlift

Jun 9, 2015
The Danger Zone
when is the last day for testing does anybody know i took mine on the first day but was wanting to know to place 90 days from the last for results

nhillman3236

Newcomer
Jul 6, 2015
Temecula, CA
I took the AT-SAT today, I scored between 55%-67% on the effiecnecy scores and I landed/exit majorirty of the planes. Did anybody else have that problem?
I truly have no idea how the efficiency is scaled. I personally feel I did horrible on this portion, as it felt I was the only one in the rom to have loud BOOMS echoing through the headphones for all to hear. I worried too much about 1. Receiving planes immediately and 2. Giving them as few instructions as possible (only changing elevation once and speed as close to landing as possible) resulting in close calls and collisions. 3. I forgot about landing direction halfway through! PAY ATTENTION TO LANDING DIRECTION! If I remember correctly I generally scored in mid 50's-60's and one segment was 84. Hopefully that can bring it up to a passing score! Im hoping I did better on the other portions!

italk2planes

Nov 20, 2012
I really doubt they would weight the Scenarios portion so much that doing bad on it = failing the ATSAT.

But, who knows.