ATSS Hiring Process

Clem246

Newcomer
Sep 18, 2019
I am curious about where I am in the hiring process. I have interviewed with the manager. He requested references and reached out to at least 1 that I know of. I then heard from HR requesting documentation for certificates, transcripts etc. She said she would be sending my package for ratings/qualifications. Just curious if this means I will likely get an offer? Or if multiple candidates are usually still in the running at this point? What has been your experience?

Scotter

Jan 4, 2010
Southwest Regional Office
Usually, when they reach out for certificates and transcripts they are doing so to justify start salary offer. However, there is nothing stopping you from simply calling or emailing the HR rep and asking if they are setting up an offer of employment. My personal experience, was along the same lines where I interviewed, and my manager reached out to a couple references - then crickets. After waiting about a month, I finally called the HR rep and she sad "hey, we were just about to email you an offer".

Scotter

SMS

Trusted Member
Oct 28, 2014
Could mean you’re the manager’s pick, or there could be several candidates. If it’s a direct hire situation, they also might be checking to see if you even meet the qualifications for F or G.

I gave up trying to figure out HR and the process lol.

Clem246

Newcomer
Sep 18, 2019
Usually, when they reach out for certificates and transcripts they are doing so to justify start salary offer. However, there is nothing stopping you from simply calling or emailing the HR rep and asking if they are setting up an offer of employment. My personal experience, was along the same lines where I interviewed, and my manager reached out to a couple references - then crickets. After waiting about a month, I finally called the HR rep and she sad "hey, we were just about to email you an offer".

Scotter
Thanks for the info Scotter!