ATTN: RPO Wannabe's

ColtsATC

Trusted Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Given the recent influx of posts about RPO jobs...

Here is the website to apply for RPO jobs.

https://jobs.chenega.com/

Just type in Remote Pilot

Currently Fort Worth Center is the only one hiring. Good luck!

Oh...and you're welcome.

ColtsATC

Trusted Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Probably is. My wife wasn't contacted for almost 3 months and I knew they were about to start hiring people, that's why i had her apply for the job.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Yeah, just like the "hiring freeze" for controllers that everyone was spouting off about a couple months ago...

...but there is a slow down, no doubt. The more flexible you are on where you're willing to go, the better. Of course, most of us have somewhere specific in mind. Call up the Center you're interested in working at and ask to speak to the coordinator for Raytheon (or just a training manager). He or she will let you know if they're taking on people at the moment or not. The place I applied to months ago has me lined up for it, but they just haven't had enough demand yet.

ColtsATC

Trusted Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
What is even better is my wife makes more money than I do unless I get my first pay raise. How awesome is that?

Mar 28, 2009
"THE" Lone-Star State
Here's the latest info for those interested in getting a job thru Chenega for Ft. Worth RPO:

I called Ft. Worth ARTCC today and asked to speak with someone about getting a job as an RPO. The guy I talked to told me that it isn't really a hiring freeze, so much as the contractor's realized that they are spending more money than they would like and are re-evaluating the situation. The guy then said that they really aren't hurting for people, BUT, he does have some applicants that he has already chosen to be hired once they do start hiring again. He doesn't know when the hiring will start up again...

That's the most recent 411; just thought I'd pass along.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
The guy I talked to told me that it isn't really a hiring freeze, so much as the contractor's realized that they are spending more money than they would like and are re-evaluating the situation.
Thanks for passing that along.

Spend more time here (or JC), and you'll notice that anytime that the wait gets too long, people will start deciding that there must be a hiring freeze keeping them from getting a job. Then it gets passed around, and about half of the people get all worked up, scream that the sky is falling... and then the next step in the process rolls around.

DvL

Newcomer
Aug 26, 2009
SoCaL - ZLA
There is a "freeze". Raytheon wants more money than was originaly bid in the contract. (About 61mill) Just one of the many reasons for it is to hire more RPO's for the ERAM transition. The FAA has said no, so while they negotiate/work it out they are not allowed to hire anyone new/make changes to payroll operations. (May be site specific)

I'm not makin' it up so don't go there. I used to work for W.C.G. and Lockheed as an RPO '03-'07 and am now F.A.A. That info I provided has come straight from the Raytheon site supervisor here at the facility.

Have patience if you're waiting. They will hire more people if the individual facilities are not already at capacity. (Which a lot arent)
Just keep calling. You will get placed on a list and called in the order in which you were placed/completed their checks. I've seen the list here. Its not a piece of paper so youre not gonna get lost in the shuffle. It's in an electronic excel file. KEEP CALLING. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.