August 2016 Bid FAQ (Please Read Me Before Posting Repetitive Questions)

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
Welcome to StuckMic, let's get to the point of this thread.

Q)
How do I know if I passed the ATSA?
A) If you log in to Usajobs and your application status shows "REFERRED" then you PASSED. Also, if it says you're amongst the "BEST" qualified, this does not mean you passed the test with flying colors and are on the top of the list. Literally, everyone's shows that and no one knows their score.

Q) When I click on ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INFORMATION I am taken to the AVIATOR website, my status looks like the 2nd attachment. What does this mean?
A) This simply shows you what pool you've been referred to. The top referral list is POOL 1, the bottom list is POOL 2. NO! This isn't well qualified vs qualified. Whatever referral list says "you may or may not be contacted for an interview" is the list (pool) you are in.

Q) What is the next step after getting referred?
A) You wait. You hope for an email containing a TENTATIVE OFFER LETTER (TOL). You will see that some people get them before you, as of 01/25/2017 the only people that have received one are 10pt Veterans and in some cases 0pt veterans. If people start getting them before you, DO NOT FREAK OUT. There are more applicants than there are job openings. No one knows exactly how many TOLs will go out, if they say they do, they are lying. TOLs do NOT go out alphabetically, it's completely random. TOLs also come out in waves BE PATIENT.

Q) So how does the whole process work? What can I expect? Can anyone please point me in the right direction before I post my questions?:)
A) OMG!
http://www.stuckmic.com/faa-air-traffic-control-general-discussion/35161-please-read-me-i-have-answers.html

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
how will the hiring freeze affect this process?
I don't have the answer to that. It doesn't seem like things are slowing down yet. Regardless, it is out of our control and not worth stressing over. Just be patient and we will see where things go. Hope for the best.

pjerelly

Rookie
Aug 11, 2016
After a TOL is received, how long does a CIL usually take to receive? I don't want to call up to HR because that'll just slow everything else down so figured I'd just ask.

Pope Mobile

Rookie
Jan 26, 2017
Will407's question is oddly worded, but I would also like some clarification on that (ignoring the hiring freeze)-
My "additional information" looks the same as the photo you posted. How do you know what your referral list you're in? Both list numbers are, well, listed, but it doesn't tell you which one you're on (or I'm being very dense and not seeing it).

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
Will407's question is oddly worded, but I would also like some clarification on that (ignoring the hiring freeze)-
My "additional information" looks the same as the photo you posted. How do you know what your referral list you're in? Both list numbers are, well, listed, but it doesn't tell you which one you're on (or I'm being very dense and not seeing it).
Which ever one says you may or may not be contacted for an interview is the pool you're in.

pjerelly

Rookie
Aug 11, 2016
For anyone wondering about the CIL time frame, after much digging it looks like most people get their letter in-between weeks 2 and 3 after receiving your TOL. Some have received their CIL as early as the next day but the TOL email says to give them 4 weeks. If you are over that 4 weeks call up to HR. Until then sit tight and release all of your anxiety on here!

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
Can you swap specialty after receiving a TOL?

HOWEVER, after so many years in SM, I have seen some people switch specialty for an earlier academy start date.

Attachments

Mallock

Newcomer
Feb 25, 2017
This is going to sound like a dumb question but I figure I'd just ask and be considered dumb and hopefully receive correct information.

I just received my TOL. My question is, it wants everything filled out via computer, but it states it wants actual signature on certain lines. It also states it doesn't want pictures of the documents. My question is how do I go about putting my actual signature in and converting the forms to PDF?

Is it basically stating that I fill out the forms, print them, sign by hand certain parts, scan them, convert to PDF, and then send on via email; or am I misreading it entirely?

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
I printed every form, handwrote all the info and went to staples to scan & email them to myself. (When you do that it converts all forms to pdf) After that I sent the same attachments to the Hyperlinked email address.

Airtraffic94

Newcomer
Feb 28, 2017
New York
Does anyone know how many possible locations you can end up with en route? I heard there are only 16 locations across the country... Seems like there should be more?

vjvans2

Newcomer
Jan 5, 2017
I show as referred on the USA Jobs site, but I no longer have a green check on my Aviator page. Does this mean I'm out?

cgaub

Jan 23, 2017
Indiana
I don't believe so, a few weeks ago they changed the layout so as long as you are still referred and green you should still have a shot

I show as referred on the USA Jobs site, but I no longer have a green check on my Aviator page. Does this mean I'm out?