August 2016 Bid FAQ (Please Read Me Before Posting Repetitive Questions)

ATCGoat

Newcomer
Jan 4, 2017
Why did I get a fingerprint form with my CIL, but absolutely no instructions on what to do with it?

Arthurfrancis2

Jan 11, 2017
Guys I swear I love you all but we all look where we can get an advantage and we know America horrible past but I also feel like that horrible pass help the country as a whole fly pass established countries and become the super power we are today and I appreciate some of my white brothers trying to help equality work even if it's at their disadvantage.. long story short.. doing u guys think they use affirmative action.. obviously I'm asking because I'm black.. love u guys no offense so plz no disrespect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Arthurfrancis2

Jan 11, 2017
By the way I'm a marine so I fought and served for my country during operation inherit resolve

kjem

Rookie
May 13, 2011
Florida
By the way I'm a marine so I fought and served for my country during operation inherit resolve

For hiring ATC? Nah, not really. The only question about race that appears is completely optional and doesn't affect your chances of getting hired. It's just collected to see who applies as far as race, gender etc.

Arthurfrancis2

Jan 11, 2017
For hiring ATC? Nah, not really. The only question about race that appears is completely optional and doesn't affect your chances of getting hired. It's just collected to see who applies as far as race, gender etc.
Thank you brother

ATCGoat

Newcomer
Jan 4, 2017
Fingerprints should be part of your email from your security person. Did you get that?
I got an SF-87 document, the blank fingerprint paper. I did not get instructions on what to do with it. Its not mentioned anywhere in the email. One can't fingerprint themselves I assume? Does that happen at my medical/psych etc? Do i go somewhere?

I'll call on Monday to clarify of course

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Atcgoat, the instructions are in the email. Look at instruction d. Unless that's just unique to mine, which I doubt. You go to either your local police department or to an office in Fort Worth, Texas if you're close. My local pd didn't do them so I had to go to the sheriffs dept. Tell them you're getting civilian prints for a background check and they should process you right through. I'd suggest printing off the forms attached in your email just in case, but mine were done on cards the sheriffs office had.

ATCGoat

Newcomer
Jan 4, 2017
I have no instruction a, b, c, or d :) Just "After completing the SF-86, please electronically sign the certification and release pages prior to releasing the SF-86 (attached). Mail the OF-306, Declaration for Federal Employment and DOT1631 to the Office of Internal Security"

Kinda figured I'd have to do go somewhere. I'm in MN by the way. Thanks!

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
That's weird. Maybe it's different for the prior experience bid. But yeah, just go to your local pd and they'll let you know where to go if they don't do it there.

kjem

Rookie
May 13, 2011
Florida
Goodluck too bad it's based on luck lol

I think luck really only applies to the BQ (idk, I did not have to take it) and the speed in which you get through the process (from applying to academy date). Once you get past the initial part (proving that you have the minimum qualifications), it takes a turn towards aptitude. There is vet preference; however, I couldn't tell you much about it since I am not a vet.

Arthurfrancis2

Jan 11, 2017
I think luck really only applies to the BQ (idk, I did not have to take it) and the speed in which you get through the process (from applying to academy date). Once you get past the initial part (proving that you have the minimum qualifications), it takes a turn towards aptitude. There is vet preference; however, I couldn't tell you much about it since I am not a vet.
I'm a vet with preference and still waiting.. still hopeful tho!

cgaub

Jan 23, 2017
Indiana
I thought the whole purpose of vet pref was to GET PREFERENCE?? All things considered equal, you guys have a better shot is what I basically thought it was. And all things are equal since the ATSA was pass/fail, not scored... so that doesn't even make sense to me :/ have you called anybody or asked about it? Maybe it was an oversight?

I'm a vet with preference and still waiting.. still hopeful tho!

A1T2C3

Rookie
Jun 25, 2015
So, I called an HR lady. She says I'm referred even though on USAJOBS I only show "received". Anybody in the same boat? Or are their any sherpas out there that know what this means?

J_Wee4

Apr 26, 2014
Any current FAA controllers out there know when/if any Prior Experience/Direct Hire announcements might coming out this year?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Claytonziri

Newcomer
Mar 22, 2017
Has anyone heard back from medical yet? I just got contacted two weeks ago saying after a review they needed some additional information.