August 2016 Tier 2

amnewman89

Rookie
Nov 1, 2016
Does anyone know how long the average wait time to get cleared after finishing the tier 2 interview? Read through this forum and it seems to be about 2 months. Just wondering if anyone else had something different?

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
Does anyone know how long the average wait time to get cleared after finishing the tier 2 interview? Read through this forum and it seems to be about 2 months. Just wondering if anyone else had something different?
Varies but i would assume at least 2 months.

SckATC

Newcomer
Feb 27, 2017
Took me about 6 or 7 months after my Tier 2 interview to get my list. I’m not sure how long it takes to get “cleared”, but I had my interview in August 2017 and just got my facility and start date last week.

AM_4478

Rookie
Nov 1, 2016
I just received an e-mail yesterday stating I did not meet the medical qualifications due to kidney stones (incident 2009), migraines (incident 2008) and IBD (incident 2016). I am starting the appeal now. Does anyone have any insight into this process? Am I screwed? I do not take any medications anymore, but was prescribed medication in the past. I put all of this into my MedXPress and still got this e-mail, the AME thought it was of zero concern so I'm blindsided by this.

OTS_Marylander

Newcomer
Jul 19, 2017
Maryland
I received a similar e-mail yesterday but because of sleep apnea; I recently received a CPAP machine and I'm only averaging 4 hours and 30 minutes a night with it based on 2 weeks worth of usage and the FAA minimum is 6 hours per night. It takes new users a while to get up to the 6-8 hour a night range and the AME disqualified me because I'm not using it enough. My contact at the regional office said I can continue to use it and send updated results at a later date and there's a change they'll reconsider. The messed up thing is I don't even have sleep apnea, I was considering weight loss surgery at one point and a sleep apnea diagnosis helps with getting insurance to approve your surgery. They won't let me complete a new sleep study with a different provider.

fos

Rookie
Nov 8, 2017
I have been awaiting a Teir 2 appointment for about 7 months now (As instructed) I decided to throw out an email to see what was going on. Apparently, I'm supposed to contact my medial program analyst because they are waiting for more info before giving me a tier 2 appointment. FML

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
I have been awaiting a Teir 2 appointment for about 7 months now (As instructed) I decided to throw out an email to see what was going on. Apparently, I'm supposed to contact my medial program analyst because they are waiting for more info before giving me a tier 2 appointment. FML
Same thing happened with me. I sat on my hands for a year and sent them everything they asked for only to find out all they needed was a summery of my VA disability benefits. A sheet or paper I can print out in less than 2 min. They apparently have everything they need, but I'm still waiting for the call to get the T2 eval. This was my last update from back in March.

DandyRyan

Jan 6, 2017
Just curious if anyone has the HR rep with the initials CS? I haven't heard from them or gotten a response for at least 8 months. I'm not MMPI tier 2, but I am waiting on a complicated medical clearance (and also never hear from medical).

Charlie Golf

Newcomer
Mar 1, 2018
Those of you that got Tier 2'd for medical, did you disclose the condition/medication or did they find out on their own?

DragonSeabee

Newcomer
May 2, 2018
449 days after my TOL and I'm still waiting on the T2 eval call.
lol, did you inquired for a status update, from the email you set up your physical exam with? The flight surgeon might need extra information from you, before Hope could start on your case.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
lol, did you inquired for a status update, from the email you set up your physical exam with? The flight surgeon might need extra information from you, before Hope could start on your case.
I called my medical POC the other day ans she says no new notes have been added and she has no timeline as to when I'll be contacted for the T2.

They have everything they need.

Dhop26

Newcomer
Oct 26, 2016
Dec 2016- Tol
Jan 2017-Mmpi2/drug test
June 2017-Tier 2 notification
Jan 2018- tier 2 evan with psych
Today- notified their 2 cleared need to refresh drug test

bman61490

Nov 5, 2016
At least they did not forget about me...

TOL - 1/24/17

CIL 2/8/17
Medical Call 2/9/17
MMPI2 2/15/17
Medical App. 3/2/17
Tier 2 Notification 3/14/17
"Official" Tier 2 Notification 4/24/18
Tier 2 Appt 5/10/18