August 2016 Tier 2

dispatchgirl

Rookie
Jan 26, 2017
You’re joking..... I’ve never heard of anyone waiting that long. Does your medical rep say they’re gonna expedite it? Which region?
Nope. I’m lucky if I get a response after a few emails asking for updates just telling me that I’m pending medical clearance. I’m in the southern region

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yoboiconnor

Dec 17, 2017
SLC, Utah
Nope. I’m lucky if I get a response after a few emails asking for updates just telling me that I’m pending medical clearance. I’m in the southern region

I'm sorry. I'm on 4 months now in NW mountain region and i'm getting super impatient. I finally got a hold of my medical rep and she told me the flight surgeon has us last on his priority list. Such a joke, i've heard Southern region is the worst one after NW mountain.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
And here I am with a TOL 3-17 and never heard from "hope" As happy as I am for everyone before me, it makes my blood boil to see it not go in a time frame order.
2-17 TOL, 571 days. 10Pt vet pref, CTO and still sitting here with no T2 appointment. Only after reaching out did I receive a generic email from Hope that basically said "don't call us, we'll call you". I cannot even begin to think why and how it could take this long.

dispatchgirl

Rookie
Jan 26, 2017
I'm sorry. I'm on 4 months now in NW mountain region and i'm getting super impatient. I finally got a hold of my medical rep and she told me the flight surgeon has us last on his priority list. Such a joke, i've heard Southern region is the worst one after NW mountain.
4 months of what?

Alyssaa

Newcomer
Apr 4, 2018
I completed my Tier 2 evaluation 2 months ago. Sent out emails yesterday trying to find out the status of my case. No response yet. Who knows how long it will be before an academy date comes my way.

MikleBrady

Mar 20, 2013
Had my background phone call today. Literally just went over my equip entries, updated any outdated info, and gave personal accounts of anything I disclosed...call lasted just under an hour.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bsestak

Newcomer
Jul 17, 2018

Wow you’re going through it, I’m so sorry! The FAA is a joke, I cannot believe their process takes as long as it does. I’m from the April 2017 bid, not Tier 2. Did my physical and drug test May 24th, the flight surgeon requested additional information 3 weeks later, turned that paperwork in the day after, and here I am over two months later still getting the “pending flight surgeon review” answer everytime I request an update. I am also in the southern region, I’m wondering if we have the same medical POC. Is your med poc Sylvia? She’s IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of and is probably the least helpful human being in the FAA. I hope your get your clearance soon! Wow.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
Wow you’re going through it, I’m so sorry! The FAA is a joke, I cannot believe their process takes as long as it does. I’m from the April 2017 bid, not Tier 2. Did my physical and drug test May 24th, the flight surgeon requested additional information 3 weeks later, turned that paperwork in the day after, and here I am over two months later still getting the “pending flight surgeon review” answer everytime I request an update. I am also in the southern region, I’m wondering if we have the same medical POC. Is your med poc Sylvia? She’s IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of and is probably the least helpful human being in the FAA. I hope your get your clearance soon! Wow.
On the flight surgeon hierarchy of priority, new hire physicals are dead last. The flight surgeon is busy working with active controller physicals, and a bunch of other things. When they have free time they review new hire information.

bsestak

Newcomer
Jul 17, 2018
That’s understandable. But they should delegate a team of people to handle new hires only. I don’t understand why they expect one individual to handle thousands of new hires as well as thousands of current employees. It doesn’t make sense. But then again...it’s the government we’re talking about.

yoboiconnor

Dec 17, 2017
SLC, Utah
On the flight surgeon hierarchy of priority, new hire physicals are dead last. The flight surgeon is busy working with active controller physicals, and a bunch of other things. When they have free time they review new hire information.
That’s what they told me when I called in, that were literally the last on their priority so they might even go a few weeks without looking at an applicant file.

bman61490

Nov 5, 2016
Aug 2016 OTS bid
Great lakes region

TOL - 1/24/17

CIL 2/8/17
Medical Call 2/9/17
MMPI2 2/15/17
Medical App. 3/2/17
Tier 2 Notification 3/14/17
"Official" Tier 2 Notification 4/24/18
Tier 2 Appt 5/9/18
Package sent from Doc to FAA 6/13/18
Cleared medical (pending drug test) 8/21/18
Drug test 8/23/18
FOL 8/29/2018

Terminal class date of 10/5/2018

Honestly I still don't believe it...over 2 years since my application date. Good luck to the rest of you and I hope it moves fast....even though I know it most likely wont.

dispatchgirl

Rookie
Jan 26, 2017
That is my poc as well. She sometimes takes multiple emails to get a response. I always thank her for responding when she does, just to make a point.

Kingsguard

Newcomer
Feb 6, 2017
August 2016 bid here. I did the medical testing in October 2017 and I am still waiting. I am not Tier 2 either.

The Northwest Mountain region medical has to be the slowest in the FAA. It should not take more than a month or two to get through the medical phase. The FAA should reform the process so that other personnel can approve/disapprove applicant medical packets besides a single regional AME.

yoboiconnor

Dec 17, 2017
SLC, Utah
August 2016 bid here. I did the medical testing in October 2017 and I am still waiting. I am not Tier 2 either.

The Northwest Mountain region medical has to be the slowest in the FAA. It should not take more than a month or two to get through the medical phase. The FAA should reform the process so that other personnel can approve/disapprove applicant medical packets besides a single regional AME.
I’m in NW mountain and it’s one of the worst regions next to the southern. Have you contacted sherlly? That’s way too long

bsestak

Newcomer
Jul 17, 2018
Wow I’m sorry for all of the people still waiting for their clearance! I thought I had it bad being from the April 2017 bid and still waiting, start bugging your HR rep! It worked for me as she is escalating things to the head flight surgeon for me now.

I definitely never hear anything good about the NW Mtn and Southern regions.

Mr.Tickles

Rookie
Oct 8, 2017
Wow I’m sorry for all of the people still waiting for their clearance! I thought I had it bad being from the April 2017 bid and still waiting, start bugging your HR rep! It worked for me as she is escalating things to the head flight surgeon for me now.

I definitely never hear anything good about the NW Mtn and Southern regions.
Did your rep state why it was being forwarded to the head flight surgeon? Was it just because of how long you'd been waiting?

bsestak

Newcomer
Jul 17, 2018
Did your rep state why it was being forwarded to the head flight surgeon? Was it just because of how long you'd been waiting?
I’ve been extremely persistent in bothering them regarding my clearance. I did my physical May 24th and the flight surgeon had to have reviewed my file because she requested additional information on June 18th, which I turned in on June 19th and have yet to hear anything. My HR rep said that’s not normal and she said she escalated it to her boss who will then escalate it to the head flight surgeon. I’m not sure of the outcome yet but hopefully I get cleared soon.