August 2016 Tier 2

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
Finally got through. Just waiting on the Air Force to send the FAA my records in order to get a tier 2 evaluation. Figures the FAA hasn't received them yet after over two months of waiting.
I’m Army Guard. I went into iPerms and download my military record, sent it to medical and they accepted it.

Not sure if Air Force has that but it’s literally your entire record.

AAKelles

Newcomer
Dec 12, 2017
I'll have to figure out the Air Force equivalent to doing that. I've been out for two years now, and it seems the SF 180 I sent months ago just disappeared.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
I would assume the Air Force has a similar system, at least I would hope. I can ask some friends who are in the Air Force currently if something such as that exists.

The Army makes a lot of stuff digital now because shit gets lost. Medical records are even getting easier to nab. Only took me 2 weeks to get all of mine from our central medical detachment in Ohio.

OTSPeasant

Rookie
Feb 3, 2017
Just curious about the timeline from a drug test refresh and a FOL date. I received an email that my Tier 2 eval paperwork was complete and I just needed to refresh my drug test. I took the drug test on August 31 and have not been contacted since. I am a little worried about the drug test paperwork because I was away on business and did it in another region.

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
Just curious about the timeline from a drug test refresh and a FOL date. I received an email that my Tier 2 eval paperwork was complete and I just needed to refresh my drug test. I took the drug test on August 31 and have not been contacted since. I am a little worried about the drug test paperwork because I was away on business and did it in another region.
You can call aviation careers and see if they have your new drug test.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
How do HIPAA laws apply to this process? The medical dept is requesting more and more information on my VA disability. For all of you that are familiar with Ebenefits.com, I've sent them the copy of the "benefits summary" showing my total percentage and a letter from the VA showing how they got to that number e.g. 10% for X, 10% for Y and so on. They're now asking me for something that shows the detailed diagnosis with rang of motions and how they came up with the numbers they did based on my medical evaluations. It seems strange that they would need that after I provided them with the other paper work. Anyone have the same issue?

archer

Jan 8, 2016
I would call or email your HR rep. After I got medically cleared, i waited only 1.5 weeks and heard nothing. I emailed my HR rep only to find out they had already emailed me, but they misspelled my email.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MelanieElyse

Newcomer
Feb 7, 2017
I got an email this week Tuesday (10/30/18) to do my drug test refresh and had it done the same day. Today (11/2/18) I got a class date and an email requesting a drug test refresh lol...then a follow up email saying they hadn't noticed I already did my refresh. So for me it was 2 days, though I'm sure that's not typical. I think they're really trying to fill up class dates.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

VNE

Newcomer
Feb 13, 2017
Finally got my drug refresh email today!

I did my Tier 2 appointment in September of 2017. It took a call to my congressman’s office to find out that the doctor never sent off my results to to the FAA. 13 months with nothing whatsoever happening to my application.

For those still waiting, I recommend you contact your congressional leaders as well.

cali

Mar 29, 2015
Finally got my drug refresh email today!

I did my Tier 2 appointment in September of 2017. It took a call to my congressman’s office to find out that the doctor never sent off my results to to the FAA. 13 months with nothing whatsoever happening to my application.

For those still waiting, I recommend you contact your congressional leaders as well.
Did you not get any answer from HR during that 13 months? This is the kinda shit that pisses me off...FAA HR sucks!

VNE

Newcomer
Feb 13, 2017
Did you not get any answer from HR during that 13 months? This is the kinda shit that pisses me off...FAA HR sucks!
HR and I were constantly calling and emailing the doctor to get a reply to no avail. After reading a review on yelp about him, I discovered that he is a stingy doc who absolutely refuses to discuss anything unless you schedule an appointment.

I also learned that there were more Tier 2 folks whom he had failed to send their documentation off to Washington as well. (If you are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and had a Tier 2 doctor with the initials B.G., you are welcome.)

cali

Mar 29, 2015
HR and I were constantly calling and emailing the doctor to get a reply to no avail. After reading a review on yelp about him, I discovered that he is a stingy doc who absolutely refuses to discuss anything unless you schedule an appointment.

I also learned that there were more Tier 2 folks whom he had failed to send their documentation off to Washington as well. (If you are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and had a Tier 2 doctor with the initials B.G., you are welcome.)
That's ridiculous!

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas

Thanks for the info. I'm in the DFW area and still waiting for a T2 appointment. I finally gave up with their "run-around" and last week emailed my congresswoman, state senator and filed a FOIA. FAA FOIA people contacted me yesterday.

I am at around 669 days since my TOL and still no appointment.

cali

Mar 29, 2015
I love hearing people talking action and making the FAA more accountable. If everyone did that, the current status quo wouldn't be what it is.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
I love hearing people talking action and making the FAA more accountable. If everyone did that, the current status quo wouldn't be what it is.
It worked, I revived my T2 release forms 2 1/2 weeks after my Senator replied. I wish I didn't have to go that route, but almost 690 days since my TOL...

What should I expect during this appointment? Is it true that I need to take the entire MMPI exam again.

fos

Rookie
Nov 8, 2017
It worked, I revived my T2 release forms 2 1/2 weeks after my Senator replied. I wish I didn't have to go that route, but almost 690 days since my TOL...

What should I expect during this appointment? Is it true that I need to take the entire MMPI exam again.
You take the MMPI again with.. 2 or 3 others that are very similar. Then you have a sit down with the doc and they ask stupid questions like, what was your childhood was like, do you still talk to childhood friends.. did you have pets, any interests etc.

For the MMPI tests... DON'T answer as if you're in a job interview. I failed against and started sweating because I answered all the questions as if it was a job interview, saying no to ever drinking, saying no to ever wanting to get physical with someone etc. The doc let me retake all the tests over with the advice of pretend to be your average non perfect citizen and it worked.

If it asks you if you ever wanted to punch someone in the face say yes. If you drink? say a little.. etc

Good luck

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014
It has been repeatedly said on here that trying to beat the test or appearing perfect will cause you to fail. Go with your gut. It literally shouldn't take you more than five seconds per question.

MikleBrady

Mar 20, 2013
I took my original MMPI almost 2 years ago...when I took it again about 60 days ago, some of my answers were naturally different this time...here's to praying this time I passed!!! (I STILL don't want to be a singer or hate my dad tho)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
That's hard advice because I answered it all truthfully and still failed.

Like I admitted to having abused alcohol and shit. Still failed.

Though I was told they review your answers and talk to you about them too.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
Does anyone know if Hope, or anyone else processing T2 applications, still working during the shut down? I would call or email her, but I would probably get the same response (none) even if there wasn't a shutdown.