August 2016 Tier 2

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
Does anyone know if Hope, or anyone else processing T2 applications, still working during the shut down? I would call or email her, but I would probably get the same response (none) even if there wasn't a shutdown.
Medical is shut down. Same with the academy. They’re all at home right now.

Until the government starts back up, which right now January 3rd is the earliest they may pass the funding, nothing continues.

That applies to TOLS, CILS, everything else for even the new bid.

The shut down just messed everything up for the next few months.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
Medical is shut down. Same with the academy. They’re all at home right now.

Until the government starts back up, which right now January 3rd is the earliest they may pass the funding, nothing continues.

That applies to TOLS, CILS, everything else for even the new bid.

The shut down just messed everything up for the next few months.
Just another kick in the balls. I waited for over a year to be contacted to move the T2 process along, finally get the email from Hope to sign my release, sent it back and two days later the government shuts down.

Thanks for the info.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
Just another kick in the balls. I waited for over a year to be contacted to move the T2 process along, finally get the email from Hope to sign my release, sent it back and two days later the government shuts down.

Thanks for the info.
Well, with any luck RDC will have his way and he’ll be allowed to go help her.

Sorry you gotta wait some more. I feel ya though. I haven’t been waiting as long but if one more family member asks why I’m waiting so long I’m giving them hopes email. (Kidding...... maybe).

MikleBrady

Mar 20, 2013
Here's to hoping that some of our Tier 2's get moving again...last update I received my package is in DC!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fos

Rookie
Nov 8, 2017
HR: "We have no received your medical clearance but when we do, someone will be in touch to setup a class date"

Cmon baby!!!

tyler.s.turner

Newcomer
Mar 16, 2015
Finally received the contact info to schedule my Tier 2. Still hope ladies and gentlemen... 2+ years and there might be a light at the end of the tunnel.

tyler.s.turner

Newcomer
Mar 16, 2015
I would contact my POC every few weeks just to let them know I was still pursuing this. It doesn’t hurt to reach out to them and to make sure things are still moving along.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
Things are are starting to also roll for me. I'm still convinced that waiting this long is the actual T2 evaluation. Its all a test to see if we crack.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like I need this exam to figure out why I still want to do this job after this process and taking a massive pay cut in the beginning, but still wanting to do it lol.

35G-MI

Newcomer
Feb 6, 2019
Did you reach out at all? Out of curiosity
I reached out about once every 4-6 months.. Finally got my classdate today. 2/28/2019 what a road. One caveat is that if the government shuts down again my date gets pushed back even further.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
I reached out about once every 4-6 months.. Finally got my classdate today. 2/28/2019 what a road. One caveat is that if the government shuts down again my date gets pushed back even further.
I would be terrified to give my job a notice and have my start date indefinitely pushed back because of a shut down.