August 2016 Tier 2

AlphaX3

Newcomer
Mar 25, 2017
Took my drug test retake last Friday and have not heard anything back yet. When I called my HR rep, she was not to happy I called and made a strange comment. She stated, I will receive a class date once "all my clearances have been received." I got the impression they are not only waiting for my tier 2 packet.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
Took my drug test retake last Friday and have not heard anything back yet. When I called my HR rep, she was not to happy I called and made a strange comment. She stated, I will receive a class date once "all my clearances have been received." I got the impression they are not only waiting for my tier 2 packet.
If you did a drug test refresh it means you cleared your tier 2. Once your medical POC, probably RDC, receives a favorable drug test he sends the medical clearance to HR. Then they email you your dates.

You should be good to go... unless ya know.... you decided to do some drugs for some silly reason.

remi38

Newcomer
Aug 26, 2018
Can anyone PM me Hope's email? I have one I think that may be it but I deleted all of my emails a few months ago in an inbox purge and I can't say definitively. It's like 9-***-***-medical-applicants@faa.gov. I asterisked it out so it's not searchable on google. I took my tier 2 in September so I think maybe it's fair to check up on it now. I know she says in the paperwork pretty plainly that they'll contact me but I mean come on.

DragonSeabee

Newcomer
May 2, 2018
I had my Tier 2 in late June, a drug refresh's email in mid Feb, and a class date 1 week after the drug test. All in all, it took less than 2 years, from my TOL to a class date notification.

AlphaX3

Newcomer
Mar 25, 2017
Can anyone PM me Hope's email? I have one I think that may be it but I deleted all of my emails a few months ago in an inbox purge and I can't say definitively. It's like 9-***-***-medical-applicants@faa.gov. I asterisked it out so it's not searchable on google. I took my tier 2 in September so I think maybe it's fair to check up on it now. I know she says in the paperwork pretty plainly that they'll contact me but I mean come on.
I took my tier 2 in June and just received my class date on Monday.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
I followed up every 90 days but to be honest it never seemed to help. They told me the same thing every time.
Its pretty flawed, the way they do things. I was told I was missing information in order to set up my T2 Appointment, but never told what was missing. I would send paper work that they thought might help and per their instructions, not call. Well after about 90 days I would call anyway to get an update and they would tell me that wasn't what they needed. Its nonsense and the reason I'm at over 700 days since my TOL and only recently got my T2 appointment. One letter from them will say to call with any questions and the next would say not to call them. You would never guess this was a government job lol

remi38

Newcomer
Aug 26, 2018
Its pretty flawed, the was they do things. I was told I was missing information in order to set up my T2 Appointment, but never told what was missing. I would send paper work in that they thought might help and per their instructions, not call. Well after about 90 days I would call anyway to get an update and they would tell me that wasn't what they needed. Its nonsense and the reason I'm at over 700 days since my TOL and only recently got my T2 appointment. One letter from them will say to call with any questions and the next would say not to call them. You would never guess this was a government job lol
That was exactly my experience before Hope got it. I was dealing with Shane. I would call every now and then and he would be like oh yeah you need this paperwork and I would either say no I already gave that to you or I would get it for them the same day. This happened every time I called and I didn't call often. Every time I felt like ok this is it he has what he needs and I can set-up my appointment soon. Never happened. Eventually they told me they were reworking the system to make it more efficient or something. I called and they said I was assigned to someone else. Shortly after that I got the message from Hope. She is very matter of fact in her correspondence so I didn't want to reach out and bother her. I figure at this point they paid to have a psych appointment they're not just going to forget.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
What’s driving me nuts is they keep saying I’m good to go then months later ask for more.

In May of 2018 I submitted everything. July they asked for more. Then T2 said they wanted the flight surgeon to approve me getting my eval. Come September they ask for more, approve it same day and send last of the documents.

Then two-three weeks ago the psych in DC says they need more before coordinating. Get it to them, they say it looks good. I was told I’m just waiting for Hope to schedule the appointment. I asked for an ETA and they said “not anytime soon.”

I’m already at day 427 since TOL. I have friends who have been tier 2, evaluated and through or at OKC from the same bid.

I wouldn’t be upset if I wasn’t planning my life so heavily around this. Did CTI, applied for years and such.

The delay and waiting already was a factor in my fiancé and I splitting up.

It doesn’t make sense to me how this is justifiable for a career that is having severe staffing issues.

bayoumudd92

Oct 25, 2016
Stockton, CA
What’s driving me nuts is they keep saying I’m good to go then months later ask for more.

In May of 2018 I submitted everything. July they asked for more. Then T2 said they wanted the flight surgeon to approve me getting my eval. Come September they ask for more, approve it same day and send last of the documents.
is this the first bid you applied to? Im at the academy right now and we have several people 2016 T2 here and ones been applying since the at-sat

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
is this the first bid you applied to? Im at the academy right now and we have several people 2016 T2 here and ones been applying since the at-sat
My first bid was the 2014 bid when they first brought out the bio q. They changed the atsat to the atsa before I got through to that portion. The first three bids I failed the bio q.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
I applied to Pub-Nat 1, missed the "well qualified" mark by half a point. Didn't get picked up for on the following few. Decided to be proactive and change my MOS, went to ATC school via the military, got CTO out of a tower in PA, applied again as a controller, bio questionnaire said I was too "dumb" to be a controller, applied again and finally got a TOL. Receiving that TOL was seriously one the happiest days of my life, but nothing could have prepared me for the T2 nightmare that awaited. It sucks to wait so long and work so hard to get picked up only to be suck in T2.

On a side note, my company is going to hire another 50 train dispatchers this year. The pay and health benefits are good. Email me at tier2millionaire@yahoo.com if you're looking for some more info. Its not the same as ATC, but its a good alternative.

https://jobs.bnsf.com/job/Fort-Worth-Dispatcher-Trainee-TX-76131/540347000/

tyler.s.turner

Newcomer
Mar 16, 2015
Which company do you work for? UP? BNSF? Have family in UP that said dispatching was a good job on the railroading side.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
I spent about 3 1/2 hours at the doctors office doing the T2 evaluation. He said that was about the average for most people. Has anyone else had to stay that long? It was so long ago, but I recall only taking about 2 hour when I first took it.

SAM321

Newcomer
Feb 13, 2019
Finally received my FOL! Class start date is 04.02.19. My medical would have expired at the end of April, so glad I was cleared before then.