August 2016 Tier 2

SAM321

Newcomer
Feb 13, 2019
Congrats.

How long did it take for you to get your FOL from the time you took the T2 exam?
I took it back in November of 2016. Security took the longest due to my poor credit, but I got it all fixed, and the process flew by after.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
I was notified yesterday that I will NOT get a tier 2 appointment until my full security investigation is completed.

I already have been granted a conditional clearance and have a secret through the military.

No one can explain why.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
I was notified yesterday that I will NOT get a tier 2 appointment until my full security investigation is completed.

I already have been granted a conditional clearance and have a secret through the military.

No one can explain why.
A full investigation could take over a year in some cases. The entire point of a conditional clearance is to not wait for the full one and get on with things. Its bogus that they want people to wait for the entire process to be over.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
A full investigation could take over a year in some cases. The entire point of a conditional clearance is to not wait for the full one and get on with things. Its bogus that they want people to wait for the entire process to be over.
Oh I know. I was told by three separate people at the FAA I shouldn’t have to wait for the full one. It’s been almost a year already.

It is what it is. Tier 2 office seems to make their own rules.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
It seems like an excuses to not process more applicants and "catch up" on the backlog.
Agreed. Though we’re like 2.5 weeks away from them having been at my security clearance for a year.... hopefully it’s done soon so there’s no more reasons not to schedule.

fos

Rookie
Nov 8, 2017
After four months I finally got my Tier 2 appointment. Any tips on what I should be prepared for?
IF IT SAYS have you ever wanted to punch someone in the face, you WILL SAY YES

This is why you and I and pretty much everyone failed the MMPI the first time. You will, or at least I did, took three MMPI tests (THey had different names but they were all the same thing pretty much)

Again, ever drink? yes you did. Want to hit someone? yup

gl brother

Mullins757

Newcomer
Feb 2, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
IF IT SAYS have you ever wanted to punch someone in the face, you WILL SAY YES

This is why you and I and pretty much everyone failed the MMPI the first time. You will, or at least I did, took three MMPI tests (THey had different names but they were all the same thing pretty much)

Again, ever drink? yes you did. Want to hit someone? yup

gl brother

Thank you for the tip! Ill let yall know in a couple weeks the outcome.

djdeaver

Newcomer
Feb 2, 2013
After four months I finally got my Tier 2 appointment. Any tips on what I should be prepared for?
I would bring all your paperwork from the Navy. Any awards you got and even evals just in case. Mine came in handy from my captains mast. All my psychologist had was the info from the incident and I brought my evals saying I wasn’t a complete piece of shit. My evals saved me because it was proof that people trusted me and I was able to move on from the incident. I had my Tier 2 appointment back in early January and it seemed to go well. I’m just waiting to hear back from it. Good luck man and hopefully I’ll see you out there.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
I would bring all your paperwork from the Navy. Any awards you got and even evals just in case. Mine came in handy from my captains mast. All my psychologist had was the info from the incident and I brought my evals saying I wasn’t a complete piece of shit. My evals saved me because it was proof that people trusted me and I was able to move on from the incident. I had my Tier 2 appointment back in early January and it seemed to go well. I’m just waiting to hear back from it. Good luck man and hopefully I’ll see you out there.
What level was your captains mast? For Army it’s just article 15 but two levels. Company, which no one cares about I guess, they can take one pay grade max. Field grade, serious shit went down, they can take two ranks even discharge you on it alone.

Company also doesn’t go into your record so once it’s done and over it’s gone. Though that’s for junior enlisted.

Always get curious about these types of situations as civilians aren’t subject to this at all. It to me seems like a way to discriminate against military personnel as it’s a whole other channel of documentation that civilians normally wouldn’t have.