August 2016 Tier 2

fos

Rookie
Nov 8, 2017
What level was your captains mast? For Army it’s just article 15 but two levels. Company, which no one cares about I guess, they can take one pay grade max. Field grade, serious shit went down, they can take two ranks even discharge you on it alone.

Company also doesn’t go into your record so once it’s done and over it’s gone. Though that’s for junior enlisted.

Always get curious about these types of situations as civilians aren’t subject to this at all. It to me seems like a way to discriminate against military personnel as it’s a whole other channel of documentation that civilians normally wouldn’t have.
The FAA forwarded my Army records to the tier 2 doc and questioned me about it during the interview portion
I shut that stupid shit down so fast when they tried from bring up deployment history

daspence742

Newcomer
Jan 10, 2018
I got a call asking if i still wanted a clearance today. They said they'll "assign someone locally" to investigate me. Been over a year. Does this mean I have multiple months left once they interview me to adjudicate?

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
I got a call asking if i still wanted a clearance today. They said they'll "assign someone locally" to investigate me. Been over a year. Does this mean I have multiple months left once they interview me to adjudicate?
Are you serious? Lol.

They won’t do my tier 2 without my full background being done.

This entire process is a jokez

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
A full clearance could take over a year in some cases. I had several in while in the Army and despite being 20 at time of my first clearance, with no real background to investigate, it still took 7 months to get a full clearance. The whole point of an interim clearance is to not wait for a full clearance, and get along with the rest of the process. Sorry to hear that news, that's just ridiculous.

Mullins757

Newcomer
Feb 2, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
Well, finished my Tier 2 appointment last week. She asked for only one reference and that person was called today. She should be sending my package back to Hope which leaves me with two questions. What now and how long? I just hit a year since getting my TOL.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
A full clearance could take over a year in some cases. I had several in while in the Army and despite being 20 at time of my first clearance, with no real background to investigate, it still took 7 months to get a full clearance. The whole point of an interim clearance is to not wait for a full clearance, and get along with the rest of the process. Sorry to hear that news, that's just ridiculous.
Oh I’m well aware. I have a clearance already with the Army. Though I have friends from the same bid who already have there’s. Others whose clearance only recently fully finished.

I’ve been calling NBIB weekly.

Yulz

Newcomer
Feb 12, 2018
Hi. I have a question about medical for those that are receiving disability from the military and ended up with a prolonged hiring process. Did you get cleared with a flight doctor and then FAA requests more documentation about the disability or is it because the flight doctor isn’t ready to clear someone and wants to do more test? I’m just curious about how this process works. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. I just have some disability rating but the flight doc that FAA sent me to for the hiring process said I’m good. But he didn’t ask anything about the disability even though it was written in front of him. Thanks!

k_j_thomas

Newcomer
Apr 2, 2019
I failed my Tier 2 in 2015 for the 2015 OTS bid. Any know if it’s possible for me to get back in if I apply for the next OTS bid?

k_j_thomas

Newcomer
Apr 2, 2019
Depends on what you failed it for.
In the psychologist evaluation to the FAA, he said he believed I could be depressed. I was up 30 hours because of work before even sitting down with the guy for 8 hours. The only reason I believe he came to that conclusion was because when he asked if my family had a history of mental illness I said my brother suffers from depression. I could’ve appealed but it would’ve cost me thousands of dollars and a trip out of state to do the test over again.

Mullins757

Newcomer
Feb 2, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
I emailed Hope asking if she received my evaluation from the Tier 2 doc and this is what i get in return.

"...Please remember - Your notification letter outlines the process that occurs after your evaluation package has been received. I will only contact you if additional information is needed to process your case. Once our review is complete, the evaluation results will be provided to your medical program analyst. Requests for status updates or time frames will not be returned in an effort to process the maximum number of cases.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation."

I've been pulled back and forth for a year and she couldn't even use the time typing up this email to let me know if she has my package or not..
Just tell me if I am overreacting haha.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
I emailed Hope asking if she received my evaluation from the Tier 2 doc and this is what i get in return.

"...Please remember - Your notification letter outlines the process that occurs after your evaluation package has been received. I will only contact you if additional information is needed to process your case. Once our review is complete, the evaluation results will be provided to your medical program analyst. Requests for status updates or time frames will not be returned in an effort to process the maximum number of cases.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation."

I've been pulled back and forth for a year and she couldn't even use the time typing up this email to let me know if she has my package or not..
Just tell me if I am overreacting haha.
You are not. I'm at almost 800 days since my TOL and still waiting to get the final okay from the T2 docs. Nothing hurts anymore lol

MikleBrady

Mar 20, 2013
My Tier 2 package went up to HQ mid December...emailed them last week for an update since it's been 4 months...they replied this morning saying still no word [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
You are not. I'm at almost 800 days since my TOL and still waiting to get the final okay from the T2 docs. Nothing hurts anymore lol
I'm almost at 500 days since TOL. T2 still won't move forward without BI. BI has had everything they need for over 13 months...

Government at it's finest.